GRADO PS2000e MINI REVIEW........
Jul 19, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #331 of 339
In the years that I've owned the PS2000e it has always been an struggle to find an amp that pairs well with them, but I wanted to share that the Zähl HM1 pairs beautifully with the PS2000e, it's kind of way too expensive but the pairing is delightful.

On the more affordable amps I found the Flux Lab FA-12 to also pair well, but that amp is huge, takes way too much desk space and doesn't have many features.

Anyways, I was using a Benchmark HPA4 but it didn't pair very well the PS2000e, so I kept the FA-12 just for the PS2000e, most of the time I would just use my Grado Hemp to avoid the hassle of having to turn on the FA-12 and wait for it to warm up. Now with the Zähl HM1 I have been using the PS2000e as my main headphones, music is great, movies are great, and I have been enjoying them more than before.

Anyways, I haven't found an open back that bests the PS2000e, but it's an struggle to find a good amp for the PS2000e, anyways I hope you are enjoying yours.
I am happy I have decided to keep the Topping a90. With the Meier audio Cordia Soul, you have two headphone outputs (one for low and one for high impedance). The low impedance output doesn't sound that good for the Ps2000e. And the other HP output sounds to loud (even at lower volume). It seems the Topping a90 gives me a better result for the Ps2000e. I also tried the Loxjie p20. This one gives about the same result as the low impedance hp output of the Soul. Please note that I am using the Soul as dac while the other hp amps are connected through xlr. I do not have any other HP amps.

Jul 19, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #332 of 339
I am happy I have decided to keep the Topping a90. With the Meier audio Cordia Soul, you have two headphone outputs (one for low and one for high impedance). The low impedance output doesn't sound that good for the Ps2000e. And the other HP output sounds to loud (even at lower volume). It seems the Topping a90 gives me a better result for the Ps2000e. I also tried the Loxjie p20. This one gives about the same result as the low impedance hp output of the Soul. Please note that I am using the Soul as dac while the other hp amps are connected through xlr. I do not have any other HP amps.
On a less costly note the TEAC HA-501 class A dual mono amp is very good with the PS2000e. It is spacious and very good match. The TEAC comes up second hand in the $400 + range. The Dynlo by Spritzer is also very good. Will go over my notes and perhaps add a few more.

Attachments

• IMG_8174.jpeg
    IMG_8174.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jul 20, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #334 of 339
Done quite a while ago and I liked it and it would be one my recommendations for a reasonable cost match.

Regarding the Classic Sennheiser package 📦 it is on its way to the west coast and its new owner. I will pass along your request to him.

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #335 of 339
Correction: the HP output with 120 ohm output impedance seems to good after all of the Cordia Soul. And after a 2nd listening test with Loxjie P20 and Ps2000e, I have to conclude that it's a good pairing after all.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #336 of 339
It's been a while. I have been trying some other audio gear. I bought some Grado headphones. I have tried the Ps2000e again on the Soul.
Going back to the Meier audio Corda Soul. This one sounds the smoothest. With better instrument placement and oh the Timbre and the Meier Audio crossfeed.
And there are 2 headphone outputs, one with 0 ohm and one with 100 ohm.
It's like having 2 different amps.

When listening to the Ps2000e it feels like I am inside a Holographic chamber

The Ps2000e feels like I am a doing a critical listening at a studio while the hemp is more warmer relaxed.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #337 of 339
• Some other h/p/a that are great with PS2000e:

SS: Grado RA-1 (9V), HeadAmp Gilmore Lite II (with Golden Reference p/s/u), Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Gold X, Vioelectric V200, Violectric V281.

HYB: Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum, Sparkos Lab Gemini.

VT: DNA Sonett2, Icon Audio HP8, LTA MZ3, Woo Audio WA6.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #338 of 339
So, it seems like I’m all set for the event of me picking up a pair 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back