Grado l/r blocks
Jan 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for a replacement set of l/r blocks for my rs1s. I have been flipping back and forth with a jmoney headband and the blocks need to be replaced now. Anyone know of anywhere to get a set. I have searched online but have not found a set. Even a metal set would be nice.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Emailed grado about getting replacement blocks. They replied asking if I tried epoxy and said they dont sell parts. But I can send them in and pay $100 for the service of replacing the two black l/r blocks. So maybe they could just not sell me the two plastic pieces and just ask me to cover postage and send them for free? Its amazing how you have to word emails to them. Ive read people just email and ask about a broken piece and have no issue at all getting them shipped free of charge.

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 5
When putting on the JMoney, you have to "break" the glue to pop out the metal part of the headband in order to install.  I'm on my third re-glue, hopefully this one will do the trick.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 5

I think they need to come apart and be cleaned off. The left side doesnt want to go all the way in like something is blocking it.

Quote:
When putting on the JMoney, you have to "break" the glue to pop out the metal part of the headband in order to install.  I'm on my third re-glue, hopefully this one will do the trick.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 5

You probably just have a bunch of layered glue in there.  If you have a dental pick or something, you might be able to scrape it out.  I would avoid solvents, as most of them will probably damage the plastic.  An alternative is to make your own blocks.  This can be done easily with a drill press, or even a hand drill and a clamp.  What you want to do is buy a tube with internal threads at the hardware store.  You drill a hole in the end of the headband metal at each end, and attach the threaded tube with a screw.  You can drill a perpendicular hole to the threaded tube hole, and that will hold the grado fork.  Then you need a small set screw to go in the other end of the threaded tube, to lock down the fork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back