Grado iGi First Impressions
Nov 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought that too. people always talking about its bass i assumed it would be massively abundant but its just so not. it is however extremely deep. i was astonished when i first listened to them, i so expected thunderous amounts of bass but it was a far more treble happy sound.

of all the IEM's ive heard its easily the closest to the 325is i have

Ooooohhh...nice! I love a deep bass, just was worried about mud. Thank you so much. You've been a real help.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #19 of 30
Glad you liked the iGi/GR8 Don Gringo. I wish there were a local place I could try out the GR8, just for kicks. While the iGi was inexpensive enough to pull the trigger on blindly, I won't be shelling out $300 on the GR8 just to give it a try, after my experience with the iGi.

The worst thing this has done for me was make me question Grado's commitment to quality. It's left me scratching my head. While people argue that Grado's headphones are poorly made, I've always attributed that to some kind of vintage charm, since nothing ever felt particularly cheap to me (SR60+), and I've had many Grado/Alessandro 'phones. But certainly to me, the iGi is lacking in both design and SQ. To my ears they were boomy and compressed. Also, they just wouldn't stay in my ears, with any of the fit kit. Always felt like they were slipping out.

Anyhow, none of that should/will change YOUR appreciation of them, so again, glad you're enjoying them!

Dec 1, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #21 of 30
I deleted all my posts because now that I don't have a selection of IEM's to compare the GR8's to, it leaves me feeling under qualified. I don't want my ever so brief blitz through IEM land to sway anyone from getting what might be right for them. All I can say now is that the GR8's sound like a Grado, they sound amazing to me, and that's all that matters because I'm the one feeling sorry for my wallet.
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #22 of 30
You have every right to tell others about your experience. You may not be able to compare your phones to everything out there (Who can?) but you can definitely tell us what your experience was like.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #23 of 30
dongringo, I think your opinion is still worth something even if you don't have anything to compare to. An opinion is still an opinion. It's not like you were stating the absolute facts. Everything everyone says on this forum is fairly subjective. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #24 of 30
You guys are right. I was just looking for a Grado like IEM and the GR8 did it for me. That was my only objective while trying them out. Grado produced a fantastic sounding IEM. Just an opinion. Looking forward to getting them burned in.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be picking up a pair of the S4s soon out of sheer curiosity.

did you ever get those S4s? I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

I'm trying to find a $75-80 pair of headphones for my iPod. Currently using Skullcandy Smokin Buds...

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #26 of 30
There are lots of S4 impressions made available by the search function. There is plenty of other choice in that price range, too.

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #29 of 30
So what do you think of the Klipsh Image 4 as compared to the Grado IGI? Any suggestions for under $100 ? I tried the Jlabs 2 and they sound okay but want crsiper sound with better soundstage. They do fit well. appreciate your thoughts.
Brian 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back