Grado HF-1 #50: Katrina-Victims-Still-Need-Help Raffle--WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Dec 3, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #62 of 108
I'm in for two.

Regards, deaf_j

[align=center][size=x-large]#100 - 101[/size][/align]

Dec 4, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #66 of 108
Put me on the list as having purchased one (1) ticket.
tongue.gif

[align=center][size=x-large]#106[/size][/align]

Dec 4, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #67 of 108
one for me.
thanks for make good thing.

[align=center][size=x-large]#107[/size][/align]

Dec 4, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #68 of 108
A ticket for me.

[align=center][size=x-large]#108[/size][/align]

Dec 4, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #69 of 108
Put me down for one, thanks!

[align=center][size=x-large]#109[/size][/align]

Dec 4, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #73 of 108
The charity I'm looking to send the funds to is United Way for the Greater New Orleans Area, United Hurricane Recovery Fund (http://www.unitedwaynola.org/).

From their site: Quote:

....Depending on the needs of their communities, local United Ways will use the funds for urgently needed services including food, clothing, housing, healthcare, transportation, job training, counseling, childcare assistance, and helping United Way health and human service agencies.

While United Way for the GNO Area supports immediate disaster relief, through our first responder agencies such as The American Red Cross and Salvation Army, the primary focus is now on long-term recovery, rebuilding lives and communities....

....“Since the first hurricane made landfall on August 29th, United Way for the Greater New Orleans Area has been working to coordinate the response by gathering resources, providing volunteers, delivering financial assistance and human services, and contributing to the stability and resiliency of this community,” stated United Way President Gary Ostroske. “These much-needed resources from United Ways and concerned citizens around the country show us we’re not alone, and that by working together we will weave the safety net necessary for long-term recovery.”

If anyone has any opinions about this that he/she would like to share, please PM me.

Thanks again, everyone.

There's still time to get in, get a chance to win one, and help Katrina victims at the same time. You have until midnight tonight to buy your raffle entries.

Dec 4, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #74 of 108
Hey Jude, I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but when will the names be drawn? Will it be a bit passed the deadline of 12 AM Eastern, or, will it be during the day on the 5th?

Also, come on people! Buy your tickets while there's time. A bit more than 9 hours to go, folks.
Chance to own a magnificent piece of hardware that's no longer available while helping out victims of Katrina.

Dec 4, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #75 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
Hey Jude, I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but when will the names be drawn? Will it be a bit passed the deadline of 12 AM Eastern, or, will it be during the day on the 5th?

If I'm awake tonight, and have the time to do the drawing shortly after, then I may do it tonight. If not, then tomorrow, probably early afternoon, as I have meetings through most of the morning.

By the way, here's what I'm thinking for the random drawing:

http://www.random.org/sform.html

I'd plug in the number of tickets (for example, 1 through 100, if 100 entries were sold), and let the generator generate a random sequence. The first three numbers would represent the winner, second place, and third place.

If someone has an issue with this method, let me know. I like it, as it meets the primary criteria of randomness in the drawing of winners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back