Grado HF-1 #50: Katrina-Victims-Still-Need-Help Raffle--WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Dec 6, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #106 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Wait I don't get it. It looks like there's one of every number there... so does that mean it doesn't matter if people bought one or ten tickets?

You got one number for each ticket you bought: 122 tickets sold, 122 numbers assigned accordingly, then random number generator put the 122 numbers into random order and the first three numbers won. Among the 122 numbers, Jim_T had three numbers, Plus C had two numbers, and Todd R had one number.

Dec 6, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #107 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
You got one number for each ticket you bought: 122 tickets sold, 122 numbers assigned accordingly, then random number generator put the 122 numbers into random order and the first three numbers won. Among the 122 numbers, Jim_T had three numbers, Plus C had two numbers, and Todd R had one number.

Sounds like the same pseudo random number generator microsoft uses to shuffle its solitaire deck.

This was a great idea. Thanks

Dec 6, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #108 of 108
Congrats to everyone, it was a fun, karma adjusting few days. Let's do it again soon! Even *I* got something new to play with as my TurboDock II showed up in the mail today.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back