Grado headphone case - safe storage for your Grado headphones
Oct 12, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 48
Cool case. Are they still out of stock?

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 48
Big Poppa: Yes, we currently have plenty of these Grado cases in stock.

Airmail shipping (with insurance) to the USA is £9.44 for this headphone case.

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the RS-2s fit fine in those cases. i'm not sure which larger bowls you are referring to, as outside of the GS-1000 salad bowls, i believe the standard bowls only come in one size.

these Grado cases on the surface look nearly identical to the eBay ones, but if they do come with custom molding on the inside, they might be worth a look, if shipping costs aren't inflated.

waiting for pics.

I didn't explain myself very well. I should have said wood cups. I have an EBay Grado case and my RS-1's won't fit, my 325i's just barely, but the HF-1's fit perfectly, The case I just purchased from HiFi headphones in the UK is deeper so the RS-1's fit. I also like the "jack holder" in the HiFi product. I wish it were less expensive, with shipping it's close to $50US.

Oct 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't explain myself very well. I should have said wood cups. I have an EBay Grado case and my RS-1's won't fit, my 325i's just barely, but the HF-1's fit perfectly, The case I just purchased from HiFi headphones in the UK is deeper so the RS-1's fit. I also like the "jack holder" in the HiFi product. I wish it were less expensive, with shipping it's close to $50US.

that makes sense. the RS-1's cups do protrude further out than the RS-2's.

oddly (or not), the Taiwan bcase listings were pulled from eBay at roughly the same time these cases were offered here. bad timing, as i was going to pick up another one. while the plug holder and deeper case are nice features, i agree it's a bit spendy.

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #22 of 48
just ordered one
icon10.gif

can't wait to get it. i need a case

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #23 of 48
I got the case in sometime last week. Took about a week to get from the UK to the US (California). It's pretty nice. Nice and hard for durability with a nice simple design. My 325i's fit pretty well with some extra room still. Very happy with it since it'll be protecting my 325i's when I take it around with me. I'm glad I found something to protect my Grado's. Here are a few pictures...

What's in the package..
DSC_0092.jpg

The case itself (top closed view)..
DSC_0094.jpg

The inside with my 325i's and PA2v2 in the middle..
DSC_0097-1.jpg

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #26 of 48
That case looks awesome. Now I feel bad that I used my SR125's as ear-muffs on the worst days Rochester NY winter had to offer!

Feb 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you offering a discount for these forums? Also will RS-1's fit?

I recently bought one of these to house my RS-1s, and I have to say, whilst the fit is a little snug, it really is a good idea to protect those phones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back