Grado headbands?
Sep 30, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #17 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I thought a while back Grado started to require that you send your headphones in for headband replacements.

Really? I didn't know they would even do that. I'm gonna send them an email.

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #18 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX

I'm not sure and haven't contacted them about headband replacements myself, but some time ago I recall hearing something about too many people requesting RS2 headbands (for their SR225's, or similar) and Grado changing their policies due to it.

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #19 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX

Hey, can you let us know their reply?
I wonder if John would make an exception for the HF-1, being that it is a limited run? I would certainly be willing to pay them for the service.

Garrett

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #20 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I'm not sure and haven't contacted them about headband replacements myself, but some time ago I recall hearing something about too many people requesting RS2 headbands (for their SR225's, or similar) and Grado changing their policies due to it.

Well I just sent them an email about it. I keep you guys posted.

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #21 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed
the rods should've came something like this:

IMG
Grado 325

not some plastic cap at the end.

Did you get those machined or what? because the plastic caps are one of my major gripes with my phones (i've even had them fall off, causing problems), and i hope to get them replaced with all metal sometime in the future

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:36 PM Post #22 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Yeah, it's actually one of the downfalls of Grado's. Those caps fall off and you're screwed. I had to put some electrical tape on to replace the caps.

I had one pop off a couple of months ago. All I had to do was use a little super glue and now it seems to be staying together.

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #23 of 88
the cans aren't mine. I found 'em here when did some search. the owner did machine those rods, he also put the aluminum housings on diet. what I really like about the mod he did is the rods.

edit: heres the Original Thread

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 88
This just happened two days ago. I was listening to the MS1 and suddenly the right driver housing just dropped off.

MS1broken.jpg

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #26 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frndlefire
From pictures it looks like the RS-1s actually have square rods...or maybe RS-2 headband would be ideal
biggrin.gif

Yes they are.

Sep 30, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #27 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
What?!
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

I've never seen that before!

Yeah that's no good.

One of the black caps fell of my sr80's when I was moving, and now it's gone
frown.gif
. Is everyone saying that I can't just get a replacement from grado?

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #28 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
This just happened two days ago. I was listening to the MS1 and suddenly the right driver housing just dropped off.

Looks like you're halfway to a Street Style.
cool.gif

Sorry it happened.
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #29 of 88
As ayt999 suggested, I read an old post that said Grado won't allow people to "upgrade" their vinyl headbands to a leather one, even if they were willing to pay for it. Talking to the lady at Grado on the phone, I inferred that you also have to send in the old one in order to get a new replacement. Anyhow, I managed to get a new SR-325 leather headband and assembly for my SR-60 for $45 shipped directly from Grado. I'll leave it to your imagination how I pulled this off, heh-heh.
evil_smiley.gif

Here is a pic of the new leather headband they sent on my modded SR-60s...
621380_60_full.jpg

Sep 30, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #30 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69
As ayt999 suggested, I read an old post that said Grado won't allow people to "upgrade" their vinyl headbands to a leather one, even if they were willing to pay for it.

We would probably be able to put in a huge order, like a group buy... so maybe that will change some minds at Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back