Grado GH-1 Discussion
Oct 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #931 of 1,091
@ruthieandjohn

I cannot take credit for the serial number discovery that goes to @dpump with ironically post #484 (here). Back in May he popped back in to mention his finding once more and things took off from there.

Side note, I do miss my GH1 these days. I'm grateful it went to a fellow Grado fan and all around nice guy though.

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #932 of 1,091
So for somebody the rs2e is better than gh-1, interesting. It means a few money in my pocket 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #935 of 1,091
In my case it was RS2E vs GH1. About all the reportings from you I decided to get a new GH1. Hope I will like the sound. Curious about the difference to my senny hd600. I hope its much more lively and engaging. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #936 of 1,091
In my case it was RS2E vs GH1. About all the reportings from you I decided to get a new GH1. Hope I will like the sound. Curious about the difference to my senny hd600. I hope its much more lively and engaging. 
I haven't listen to the Senny HD600 but I did listen to the HD650 and when I got my GH1, it was like a veil was lifted. The music came alive. My expierence with the HD800(s) was very different. The HP800 are very nice HPs but a power hog, really my only negative.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #937 of 1,091

Yes the GH-1 will defienalty be more lively and engaging than the Hd600 which I find pretty boring. The initial sound different may shock you (not good or bad just different) but give it a few hours. There is no going back IMO from Grado to Sennhiezer.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #938 of 1,091

I also agree that GH-1 is more lively and engaging than the HD600.

I think most of us Grado fans tend to already own some decent monitor headphones (like HD600, DT880, etc).

It's kind of like those are my "take the kids to school" SUV, while the Grado is like my "weekend joyride" sports car.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #939 of 1,091
So are they still chopping this tree down? One of the retailers linked from Grado's site show this as New - In Stock. Wondering if this is really returned product or if they are still making new phones over a year later. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #940 of 1,091
So are they still chopping this tree down? One of the retailers linked from Grado's site show this as New - In Stock. Wondering if this is really returned product or if they are still making new phones over a year later. 

Actually production of the GH1 ended quite some time ago. About three months ago when I asked John if he had any left in stock he supposed he had less than ten. His approximate guess without going into his books was that produced 1200 to 1300 GH1's. Bottom line, pretty much whatever is out there sitting on dealer's shelves is it.

Glad I have mine. :)

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #943 of 1,091
I've seen shops that still had floor stock not that long ago, so I guess these are not selling as well as they anticipated.

It's probably one of those things that people often fail to notice, but later ends up being some legendary status once it is no longer available.

I'm certainly glad I bought mine.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #944 of 1,091
Any of guys hear your highs sometimes distorting (like you were playing your music too loud) when playing certain songs? I don't hear this with other HPs. In general, these HPs sound great. I'm just curious to know if it's because it's just not able to handle the freq range. For example, this happens with (don't laugh :) ) Adele's "Hello". I'm using Ayre's Codex as my amp and as the source - Tidal HIFI service.

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #945 of 1,091
Today my GH-1 arrived. Lovely sound with my fiio X3 2nd. 

Sound is way better as I thought. Fiio drives them much easier than HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back