Grado GH-1 Discussion
Oct 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #962 of 1,091
Well I have been listening to my new GH1's pretty much non stop since I received them a few days ago. Probably have about 20 hours on them so far, not even close to being broken in. Just wanted to share that I had my first legitimate "shivers down the spine" moment...Julian Baker's Everybody Does. Wow, did that sound good! Can't wait to get some more hours on these, it's going to be a fun ride.
If you like Julien Baker, give Priscilla Ahn - Dream a listen.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #963 of 1,091
If you like Julien Baker, give Priscilla Ahn - Dream a listen.

Nice! I had never heard of her, she has a very beautiful voice. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #964 of 1,091
Buena Vista Social Club's - Chan Chan also sounds fantastic with the GH1. So much good music to listen too and not enough time. I'm just chilling tonight....man these HPs sound so good....I'm listening to Izzy Bizu's - Diamond right now. She is fantastic :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #968 of 1,091
So here's a question for you...Grado has said the the GH1 is the first of the new Heritage series. What's next? What would you like to see?

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #969 of 1,091
So here's a question for you...Grado has said the the GH1 is the first of the new Heritage series. What's next? What would you like to see?

GH-2.... headphones made from and old desk lol.

Honestly I would like to see a classed up PS500e. Chrome it, makes the gimbals metal, make the cord detachable. Make the chassis/look's/feel match the highend sound... but we all know that will never happen.

I think the GH-1/PS500e headphones out perform (based on musical enjoyment) my focal Elear but looks like total crap next to it. They look like I bought them off etsy but I love them anyway.

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #970 of 1,091

Building upon the Grado tradition started by Elijah Wood and Zach Cowie, which used wood from barrels of Bushmill's Irish Whisky to make the ear cups of the limited-edition Grado Bushmills...

Ruthieandjohn introduce the Grado Old Milwaukee Light Headphones Limited Edition... ear cups carefully crafted from the broken bottle bottoms that once held Old Milwaukee Beer (but that were emptied into the mouths of the craftsmen!)

These fine glass-cupped headphones, the first truly closed headphones from Grado, remain infused with the increasingly-stinky dirty glass permanently infused with the stench of ageing Old Milwaukee, reminding listeners of the dangers of drinking old beer.

No high-falutin' hoity-toity craft beer here, this is the original beer as enjoyed by the ubiquitous Joe Sixpack.

"Old Milwaukee Light Grado headphones... the lowest common denominator in headphone design!"

Available for 99 cents each... act now and we'll include a second pair for free - just pay separate postage and handling!

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #972 of 1,091
Has anybody's maple cups started to darken a wee bit yet ?

Maple can turn into a wonderful honey browish color and it is beautiful.

Oct 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #974 of 1,091

Has anybody's maple cups started to darken a wee bit yet ?
Maple can turn into a wonderful honey brownish color and it is beautiful.

I haven't noticed my GH1 getting any darker. Have yours?

Hi  Joseph....I do not own the GH1 but I do own an old semi-vintage RS1 and the mahogany has darkened over time and it looks wonderful.

I know maple will darken over time also and it looks like the sweet taste of honey, very nice...probably will just take more time for it to darken....probably will happen and you may not even notice it for awhile 
smile.gif

I just bought a can made from ormosia wood and I cant wait to someday see its transformation.

Here is the darker mahogany RS1 

Also a big congrats is in order for you and your new BHSE...I saw the pics...absolutely beautiful, sir
smile.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #975 of 1,091
  Hi  Joseph....I do not own the GH1 but I do own an old semi-vintage RS1 and the mahogany has darkened over time and it looks wonderful.

I know maple will darken over time also and it looks like the sweet taste of honey, very nice...probably will just take more time for it to darken....probably will happen and you may not even notice it for awhile 
smile.gif

I just bought a can made from ormosia wood and I cant wait to someday see its transformation.
Here is the darker mahogany RS1 

Also a big congrats is in order for you and your new BHSE...I saw the pics...absolutely beautiful, sir
size]

I did look in your signature and didn't see the GH1 but figured it wasn't listed and you owned it being you asked. 
smile.gif

The dark Mahogany looks great on the earlier RS1, and always did.
Thanks for the congratulations on the BHSE…and congratulations to you as well on your new HP's!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back