Grado GH-1 Discussion
Nov 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #346 of 1,091
I have been spending quite a bit of time lately with the GH1 w/G paired with the Pulse Infinity and I must say this is a great pairing.  Not quite on the same level as my balanced HP2 (sorry I  had them re-cabled) but still outright excellent in their own way.  I had almost thought about selling them to fund the Dharma but after the recent performance, I can't see them leaving.  

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #347 of 1,091
  I have been spending quite a bit of time lately with the GH1 w/G paired with the Pulse Infinity and I must say this is a great pairing.  Not quite on the same level as my balanced HP2 (sorry I  had them re-cabled) but still outright excellent in their own way.  I had almost thought about selling them to fund the Dharma but after the recent performance, I can't see them leaving.  

No you did not!
eek.gif
 surely you aren't aware that Joseph Grado had put together the, ''HP1KTF'', wich stands for, ''HP1000 Task Force''. They are a special elite division of The Dark Side's police.

Their job is to go after people who had their HP1000 modified by people whose name is not Grado. Joseph didn't even tolerate earpads swaps. One Trooper had send his HP1000 to Joe, to be modified, and he never saw his L-cush again. The rumour is that his L-cush were generously coated with strawberry Jelly and fed to the Grado family guard dog, Fifi.

His HP1000, excuse me, I should say his HP1000i, came back with a pair of flats, that according to him, seemed to have been dipped in Olive oïl.

Be warned, if you get caught with irreversible mods on your HP1000, the penaltys are VERY severe. The previously mentioned Trooper, only had L-cush on his, and his sentence was, ''8 consecutive hours of listening to Celine Dion's ''My Heart Will Go On'', on a pair of Beats!''
eek.gif

If I were you I'd keep a low profile.
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #348 of 1,091
No you did not! :eek:  surely you aren't aware that Joseph Grado had put together the, ''HP1KTF'', wich stands for, ''HP1000 Task Force''. They are a special elite division of The Dark Side's police.

Their job is to go after people who had their HP1000 modified by people whose name is not Grado. Joseph didn't even tolerate earpads swaps. One Trooper had send his HP1000 to Joe, to be modified, and he never saw his L-cush again. The rumour is that his L-cush were generously coated with strawberry Jelly and fed to the Grado family guard dog, Fifi.

His HP1000, excuse me, I should say his HP1000i, came back with a pair of flats, that according to him, seemed to have been dipped in Olive oïl.

Be warned, if you get caught with irreversible mods on your HP1000, the penaltys are VERY severe. The previously mentioned Trooper, only had L-cush on his, and his sentence was, ''8 consecutive hours of listening to Celine Dion's ''My Heart Will Go On'', on a pair of Beats!'' :eek:

If I were you I'd keep a low profile.:wink:

If it matters, my wife's cat ate the cable requiring immediate surgery by aPuresound. Unfortunately it needed additional surgery and this time it was AphroditeCU29 to the rescue.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #349 of 1,091
No you did not! :eek:  surely you aren't aware that Joseph Grado had put together the, ''HP1KTF'', wich stands for, ''HP1000 Task Force''. They are a special elite division of The Dark Side's police.

Be warned, if you get caught with irreversible mods on your HP1000, the penaltys are VERY severe. The previously mentioned Trooper, only had L-cush on his, and his sentence was, ''8 consecutive hours of listening to Celine Dion's ''My Heart Will Go On'', on a pair of Beats!'' :eek:

If I were you I'd keep a low profile.:wink:

Stacker, you outdid yourself, that post was great.

Having had the honor of knowing Joe Grado well you are right on target on how he would feel about someone dabbling with one of his creations.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #350 of 1,091
Stacker, you outdid yourself, that post was great.

Having had the honor of knowing Joe Grado well you are right on target on how he would feel about someone dabbling with one of his creations.

Some posts take me a long time to write, so I greatly appreciate you taking the time yourself for letting me know that you enjoyed it.
beerchug.gif

The fact that Joseph is no longer with us, I felt as though I was skating on thin ice. I didn't want you guys to think that I was disrespecting him, in any way.

Also, English is not my native tongue, so I have to be extra carefull with my writing.

By the way, I was serious when I said that one Trooper has never recieved his L-cush back from Joe. And he did say that his new and ''improved'' HP1000i's flats felt oily to the touch.

The Troopers that have been Head-Fi members for a few years might remember him. He new A LOT about Grado's hystory, and his name is Devouringone3.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #351 of 1,091
I noticed there's a lot of reference between the GH-1 and the PS1000 on here. Does it mean the frequency reponse graphs of the two headphones would be similar? Or the level of detail is similar. Or the tonal charateristics. Is it maybe a mixture of all three of those facets? (Like literally, this is nearly a PS1K.)

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #352 of 1,091
  I noticed there's a lot of reference between the GH-1 and the PS1000 on here. Does it mean the frequency reponse graphs of the two headphones would be similar? Or the level of detail is similar. Or the tonal charateristics. Is it maybe a mixture of all three of those facets? (Like literally, this is nearly a PS1K.)

Personally I don't think it sounds exactly like a PS1000, but the GH-1 with the G pad is closer to PS1000 than GS1000.
The high frequency is resolving very well without breaking up, and the bass transients are acute rather than being warm and mild.

I think many people make references to PS1000 because GH-1 is probably the first small pad Grado model that actually sounds really good with G size pads.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #353 of 1,091

I never bother with frequency graphs, I use my ears. I wouldn't say the GH-1 w(G) cushions is a PS1K…I would say they both sound amazing in their own way and it would come down to a matter of the sound preference one enjoys more than the other. I for one am very impressed with the overall sound of the GH-1 w(G) cushions. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #354 of 1,091

Personally I don't think it sounds exactly like a PS1000, but the GH-1 with the G pad is closer to PS1000 than GS1000.
The high frequency is resolving very well without breaking up, and the bass transients are acute rather than being warm and mild.

I think many people make references to PS1000 because GH-1 is probably the first small pad Grado model that actually sounds really good with G size pads.

Thank you. Comments about sound not breaking up are the comments I like. I have one specific example in mind when I think of that. When loading Skyrim, there are some deep drum sounds. When I moved from my 125i to 225e I heard that sound break up less. I think this is most important. Qualities like sound not breaking and hearing new stuff that I never heard before are my dream in Grado headphones. Tonal balance too.

I'm wrangling over whether to push for a pair of these as I think they are available in the UK. What's disappointing is how few pro reviewers ever get to looking at Grado wooden headphones. Anyway I am sidestepping the thread issue here, so I will zoom off and re-read this thread.

@joseph69 Thanks, I was just wondering if the GH-1 didn't roll off in the sub-bass like the PS1K. Luxury
normal_smile .gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #355 of 1,091
  I never bother with frequency graphs, I use my ears. I wouldn't say the GH-1 w(G) cushions is a PS1K…I would say they both sound amazing in their own way and it would come down to a matter of the sound preference one enjoys more than the other. I for one am very impressed with the overall sound of the GH-1 w(G) cushions. 

Well said, my thoughts exactly. The day I start listening with my eyes, is the day I'll start caring about frequency graphs! 

Some people seem to think that what you and I are saying, is that with the G-cush, the GH-1 basically become PS1k, (soundwise, of course).

What I, (we?) are saying is that with the G-cush, the GH-1's sound quality is on par whith that of the PS1k. I prefer the PS1k, but in a blind listening test, I'd never guess that there is a $1000+ price difference between them. I put the GH-1/G in the ''no brainer'' category.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #356 of 1,091
  Well said, my thoughts exactly. The day I start listening with my eyes, is the day I'll start caring about frequency graphs! Some people seem to think that what you and I are saying, is that with the G-cush, the GH-1 basically become PS1k, (soundwise, of course).
What I, (we?) are saying is that with the G-cush, the GH-1's sound quality is on par whith that of the PS1k. I prefer the PS1k, but in a blind listening test, I'd never guess that there is a $1000+ price difference between them. I put the GH-1/G in the ''no brainer'' category.

Exactly!
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #357 of 1,091
Those Grado G-Cush are really great!  I think I will try a pair on my Apple EarPod IEMs to improve their sound!  With their sound quality now on par with the PS1000, no one will believe that the one costs 60 times the other!!!!

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #358 of 1,091
I re-read the thread anyway now. I had forgotten @kayandjohn's witty post near the start. The one that ends up with, 'scampers off to grado dealer to get some dedicated g-pads'.

Then I noticed @wormsdriver's signature lol. GS1000 for sale $1 USD, or near offer. Funny, silly, lol.
bigsmile_face.gif

(It makes me wish I lived in the States though. $650 USD for the GH-1 given its reputation, is amazing. In the UK £650 is still good but not the same.)

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #359 of 1,091
Anyone have a spare set of G Cush they want to sell? I have a pair of TTVJ flats I could also trade. If not, I may just order a pair of the Chinese copies. I know some of you said the Grado cushions are better​, but the Chinese ones are so much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back