Grado e Series
May 4, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #4,726 of 6,729

Mine are all on stands, and before each use, I simply blow through the grills, and Inside the earcups, while I hold them facing down, this way if there is something in the earcups, the air will dislodge it, and gravity will let it out, thoretically, of course.
wink.gif

Cute has already run through the Alpha Dog and Primes, knowing that the 6 kHz spike of the 560's bothered him, I think he would prefer the PS 1000/1000e or the PS500e. My 500e are already in Minnesota on loan, I will see if there is a way he can try them out.

May 4, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #4,730 of 6,729
  How do you guys keep your Grados clean of dust? If I were to use a vacuum cleaner, will it spoil the drivers?

I just wear them while showering so i can rock out while i clean myself and the grados get a nice clean too
gs1000.gif

But seriously i never notice any dust building up on mine the inside of the driver is sealed so no issue there and if theres any on the outside of the driver it will be simple be expelled when the driver vibrates.

May 4, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4,731 of 6,729
  now i love the gs1000e, but the two for the price of one isn't a bad idea
BUT i haven't heard the prime, of the rs2e, i've heard great things about both though

There is always a diminishing rate of return as you move up to more expensive models within a given product range. In the pursuit of perfection, people may pay 50% more for a 25% improvement, etc.  To my ears, the RS2e has a good portion of the GS1000e's magic, just as the Alpha Dog has a lot of the Alpha Prime's.  Winners, all.

May 5, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #4,732 of 6,729
Uh, I have owned a good old RS1 with buttons for about 12 years now, and I'm listening to my GS1000e now (Hugo-->Rudistor RP010B), and, well, all I can say is, in my not so humble opinion, get the GS1000e and be done with it.
The GS is a phone for the ages. 

May 5, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #4,733 of 6,729
  How do you guys keep your Grados clean of dust? If I were to use a vacuum cleaner, will it spoil the drivers?

When mine are not in use, they are on headphone stand with a cover over them.

Pretty simple and very effective.

I use a nice velvet cover that my Audio Engine speakers came in.

May 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #4,734 of 6,729

There is always a diminishing rate of return as you move up to more expensive models within a given product range. In the pursuit of perfection, people may pay 50% more for a 25% improvement, etc.  To my ears, the RS2e has a good portion of the GS1000e's magic, just as the Alpha Dog has a lot of the Alpha Prime's.  Winners, all.

i'd really like to hear the rs2e, and the AD prime, but that'll have to wait for now ! 

May 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #4,735 of 6,729

I had bought a 200 gallons industrial strenght air compressor to clean my Grados, turned out it was so powerful that the first time I used it, my PS1000 flew out the window, and landed, three blocks from my house. 
eek.gif
, don't worry my PS1000 are fine, can't say the same about that poor car's hood though.
wink.gif

Good thing I didn't start with my RS1, they'd probably be in orbit by now.

Fyi, my compressor is for sale now.

I am really glad you replied to this post, in post 2725. I need to edit my post, in post 4724 quite substantially. I can go back now and edit it without letting what I think is not right, slip past. It was kind of in discussion with _js_, I put information in that I am not happy with. I didn't want to let it slip that I had put information that I felt was not right. (Since it was in discussion with another Head-Fi member.) I apologise. I was extremely tired and had migraine last night, so I should have thought more before replying to _js_. I am glad you quoted me though so you captured what was potentially wrong. Therefor anyone interested can see what I changed.

Cheers. (Yes your post was was funny by the way.)

May 5, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #4,736 of 6,729
That leaves one question, which one has the most bass, the 325e or the RS2e, and I mean bass in the sense of that you hear Les Claypool's Rickenbacker (Primus)the way it was meant:blush:

I'm not sure if anyone on this thread has both the 325e and RS2e to provide an AB comparison.

May 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #4,738 of 6,729
I have both. They are very similar in frequency response. The rs2e has mor perceived bass because it has more recessed mids and more highs as a result. Classic u curve. The sr325e is more balanced with more upfront mids. The rs2e is a little smoother overall but the treble will play havoc with your tinnitus and that is why I am reluctantly selling them ATM. I love the sound but love my hearing more so I have gone back to the super tame HD650.

May 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #4,739 of 6,729

''50% more for a 25% improvement'', I wish, I'm in the habit of calling it like I hear it, and in my opinion, my $125, SR80e easyly give me 75% of what I get out of my $700, RS1. I'm not good in maths, so I'll let you figure out the numbers. And for the record I don't think that the RS1 are too expensive, it's just that the SR80e are ridiculously good for the money.
  Uh, I have owned a good old RS1 with buttons for about 12 years now, and I'm listening to my GS1000e now (Hugo-->Rudistor RP010B), and, well, all I can say is, in my not so humble opinion, get the GS1000e and be done with it.
The GS is a phone for the ages. 

I say, get the PS1000e and be done with it.
wink.gif

I am really glad you replied to this post, in post 2725. I need to edit my post, in post 4724 quite substantially. I can go back now and edit it without letting what I think is not right, slip past. It was kind of in discussion with _js_, I put information in that I am not happy with. I didn't want to let it slip that I had put information that I felt was not right. (Since it was in discussion with another Head-Fi member.) I apologise. I was extremely tired and had migraine last night, so I should have thought more before replying to _js_. I am glad you quoted me though so you captured what was potentially wrong. Therefor anyone interested can see what I changed.

Cheers. (Yes your post was was funny by the way.)

I think that you're just being polite when you say that my post was funny.This is what I would have thought to myself, If I didn"t already know how talented I am at writing funny things. What can I say, It"s one of my many qualities, because aside from my great sense of humour, I am also a hard worker, i"m honest, trustworthy, and humble.
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #4,740 of 6,729
I have both. They are very similar in frequency response. The rs2e has mor perceived bass because it has more recessed mids and more highs as a result. Classic u curve. The sr325e is more balanced with more upfront mids. The rs2e is a little smoother overall but the treble will play havoc with your tinnitus and that is why I am reluctantly selling them ATM. I love the sound but love my hearing more so I have gone back to the super tame HD650.

Are you still keeping the 325e in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back