Grado e Series
Jul 7, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #757 of 6,729
right!
so, basically, a fabric dye....yeah, could be a bit messy...
cool.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #761 of 6,729
i decide to return the new Mpro e and change an Gs1000 e.
I will keep the Rs1e.
Congrats on the RS1e's. I've got the RS1i's and I think they're fantastic. Are you going to get a pair of GS1Ke's?

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #762 of 6,729
yes. i have a pair of gs1000i and love them. 
since i can't get back the money from my new mpro e, i decide to change to a gs1000e which will arrive Thailand next month. 

looking forward to a Gs1000 with thicker sound. 

OH. I love my Rs1e with large pad. and I love the 1/8 plug. it is so convenient to plug in anywhere.

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #763 of 6,729
yes. i have a pair of gs1000i and love them. 
since i can't get back the money from my new mpro e, i decide to change to a gs1000e which will arrive Thailand next month. 

looking forward to a Gs1000 with thicker sound. 

OH. I love my Rs1e with large pad. and I love the 1/8 plug. it is so convenient to plug in anywhere.
That's sounds super about you getting the GS1Ke's, can't wait to hear your impressions. I too like the RS1's with the g-cushions.

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #764 of 6,729
can i ask... is grado sr60e and sr225e have the same cable thickness...? if nobody knows the latest e iteration thickness then what about sr60i and sr225i? is it the same cable thickness....?

ps: i asked this a couple days ago. i think heatfan12 answered me saying he didn't have the E version. but nobody has answered me when i then ask again whether the i version hv cable thickness or not.

so in case anybody wonders.... i live in a country where audition is not possible, looking at the goods before buying is not possible, and direct query to grado themselves will be redirected by them to the authorized local distributor, and they don't answer e-mails. i did try to ask grado directly about this and that was their answer, just redirection. that ended up nowhere.

SR60i / SR60e have the thinner cable, while the SR225e / SR225i have the thicker cable

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #765 of 6,729

SR60i / SR60e have the thinner cable, while the SR225e / SR225i have the thicker cable

hi mate, my internet got disconnected and i had to restart the modem when i tried to submit my reply.... is the sr225i/e cable too thick for portable use like strolling / running....? or is it still managable to put in pants pocket....?

================
does anybody here have both sr60 and sr225...?

so my old sr60i broke down a couple days ago, unexpectedly. i didn't have any budget to spare for buying a new headphone. i do have ssome savings to buy the cheapest DAC i can find, which here is fiio e17 for $165 because my laptop DAC is just oh-so-noisy. but then that my sr60i broke, i was just about to buy another sr60(e). but then the more i google'd the more i learn that sr225 is the sweet spot and sr60 and sr80 is "different". some people (from googling not necessarily from head-fi) even have different opinions abt sr60 v. sr80 in sense that it's not really "an upgrade, more like it's just different".

to quote them, some even said "i like my grado sr60i. i wouldn't use grado sr80i even if somebody paid me to", or something like that.

i can afford both sr60 and sr80 (e) and sacrifice the fiio e17 because grado comfies sit very comfortably on my head. however, $165 to ~$230 (the price of 225e here) is not really that much of a stretch in terms of dollars (though for me it's quite a lot of stretch).

so... my second question is..... for anybody who hv both sr60/80 and sr225... is the difference in the price worth it / reflected in the upgrades in sound that i get or is it just a miniscule subtle differences...?
also, cable thickness too. the I version answer is alright if nobody has both the E version for those yet.... (im taking the grado for a stroll sometimes, so if the cable is thicker and less practical, that'd be a consideration too.)

i really appreciate you guys opinion.

PS: in case anybody wonders.... i live in a country where audition is not possible, looking at the goods before buying is not possible, and direct query to grado themselves will be redirected by them to the authorized local distributor, and they don't answer e-mails. i did try to ask grado directly about this and that was their answer, just redirection. that ended up nowhere. the local distributor is not responding to e-mails or international phone calls. (the local distributor does not even based in the country i live even. they're in the neighboring country. but yeah they didn't answer my call either)

cheerss...... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back