Grado e Series
Jul 6, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #721 of 6,729
Fully agree Jes, in the German Magazine " Stereo" the GS1000 e was reviewed and did get a staggering 97 Points on 100, colse to perfection, but this is of course all relative, fact is, the HiFi press in General adores Grado.

I found reference to the article in "Stereo" at their website, but couldn't find anywhere to read the article without spending almost six Euro. Do you know of anywhere online I can read this for free (legally)?

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #722 of 6,729
Yeah, this makes sense to me as far as how one adjust the drivers to their ears. But is it possible that an overall shorter or longer rod would noticeably affect sound, regardless of how someone adjusts the drivers to their ears?

I don't see how it could personally, I think Mr. Grado probably meant it as far as driver placement is concerned.

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #723 of 6,729
The two most profitable and low volume models using the 1/4 plug has enough profit in them to justify the added cost. The other models are made in larger volumes thus saving Grado money by using the 1/8 plug on the rest of the line
My question is does the fact that the GS/PS models having a high number of conductors have anything to do with them retaining the 1/4 inch jack?

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #724 of 6,729
Guess I'd better be careful to not get pulled over by the self-appointed post police.

sorry if i came off that way, not my intention, just for me, personally i think a little debate is good, its how we learn here, but after everyone chimes in a round or two
and to  its clear we are going to have a different opinion, it just seems to me its time to move on, and that's on me,
i get caught up in trying to win the debate/discussion, justify my opinion, but we can go on forever doing that, i can anyway
so apologies all around i really don't want to be the cause of any discourse

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #726 of 6,729
sorry if i came off that way, not my intention, just for me, personally i think a little debate is good, its how we learn here, but after everyone chimes in a round or two
and to  its clear we are going to have a different opinion, it just seems to me its time to move on, and that's on me,
i get caught up in trying to win the debate/discussion, justify my opinion, but we can go on forever doing that, i can anyway
so apologies all around i really don't want to be the cause of any discourse

It's all good Mr. Willin. Ultimately we're all here for the same reasons.

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #727 of 6,729
My question is does the fact that the GS/PS models having a high number of conductors have anything to do with them retaining the 1/4 inch jack?

you know, that could be , at the very least, part of it,

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #728 of 6,729
i'm trying to obtain an original gs1000 again, before i get the loaner gs1000e from TTVJ
i would love to have both at the same time for comparing !

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #729 of 6,729

Scientifically, that would make no sense whatsoever. Even a higher number of conductors should have no impact on sound quality in fact.

Audiophilically, however...

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #731 of 6,729
Scientifically, that would make no sense whatsoever. Even a higher number of conductors should have no impact on sound quality in fact.

Audiophilically, however...
Hey, I wasn't even postulating a hypothesis, just making an uneducated guess. My dad always said there is no such thing as a wrong question, just incorrect answers.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #732 of 6,729
It seems like several of the last few posts did not read or understand the statement quoted from my conversation with John Grado of yesterday stating that all the plugs are being manufactured using a different plating process to improve conductivity, this is really the crux of the plug situation and not John's decision of which model gets which size plug termination. This aspect was a decision to further improve performance across the whole line of new product.

That doesn't seem especially relevant to the plug sizes: Even if they changed the plating process, presumably they used it on the 1/4" PS1ke and GS1ke plugs. So it doesn't explain the change.

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #735 of 6,729
Just got the rs1e with 1/8 plug.
just burning in.the sound is very similar to mpro e.its a little brighter and little more toward than mproe.

No Way!!!!!!  The new e series have an 1/8" plug?......lol....I'm kidding!!!!!! 
beerchug.gif

Enjoy davi3z!!!!!!!

Been pad rollin' quite a bit on the 125e and really love their sig.  No harshness whatsoever.

I personally like the 1/8" termination.  Walked around quite a bit with the Clip Zip and 125e today (can't do that with my SR225, RS2 or RS1i without the adapter that puts strain on the headphone jack with the weight).

My .02!!!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back