Grado e Series
Jan 30, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #3,318 of 6,729

Congrats! I just got mine yesterday as well. Letting them burn in a little before really listening to them. I did an initial comparo to my RS2es last night, just a couple tunes. RS2es are a slightly warmer, sounds blend a little more. 500es were pretty darn hot on top, which I assume will tame. Didn't seem to match the curve I've seen. But, they had better instrument separation / slightly more clarity. 

In any event, I think I'll like them. Will try them again later on, have them running in a bit now.

Cheers.

Actually I consider that good news as I thought the older version PS500 had to much treble roll off, they were all bass and midrange.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #3,319 of 6,729

+1

I will race you for those vintage rs1's we will see....
L3000.gif

EDIT: I am going even more vintage all the way back to where it began Jospeh-grado style ..wish me luck..
devil_face.gif

Ok!, so I guess I won't be counting on you to keep an eye out for me, for some nice vintage RS1.
frown.gif

When you say Darth Vader, sorry!, when you say, Joseph Grado, do you mean SR100, SR200, or are you after the holy grail?
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #3,321 of 6,729
It just looks like a brown generic pouch, if it is not custom made for those photos/that user.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #3,322 of 6,729
Ok!, so I guess I won't be counting on you to keep an eye out for me, for some nice vintage RS1. :frowning2:

When you say Darth Vader, sorry!, when you say, Joseph Grado, do you mean SR100, SR200, or are you after the holy grail? :tongue_smile:

Sr100 red lettering....
:)

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #3,324 of 6,729
Jan 30, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #3,326 of 6,729
Congrats! I just got mine yesterday as well. Letting them burn in a little before really listening to them. I did an initial comparo to my RS2es last night, just a couple tunes. RS2es are a slightly warmer, sounds blend a little more. 500es were pretty darn hot on top, which I assume will tame. Didn't seem to match the curve I've seen. But, they had better instrument separation / slightly more clarity. 

In any event, I think I'll like them. Will try them again later on, have them running in a bit now.

Cheers.

50 hours minimum, 100 and they have arrived. You will definitely appreciate the difference.

:p

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #3,327 of 6,729
50 hours minimum, 100 and they have arrived. You will definitely appreciate the difference.

tongue.gif

My 500e wreath TTVJ Touring Pair and even with all that amount use I have noticed a slight change over the past couple of weeks. Give them some time, they will mellow beautifully. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #3,328 of 6,729
Well I went and done it. I purchased the RS1e (brown headband).  I know most of you discouraged it and said it sounds like a speaker with blown tweeter. But I just had to hear it for myself. 
Who knows I may love it. Even if it sounds like an open version of the b&w p5, (which has really has rolled off treble) I'll be fine.  I'm just looking for mid bass hump and mid forward headphone.
So I'm going to expect the worst "treble" and lower my expectations and hope I love it. 
biggrin.gif

Also ordered TTVJ Flats and Jumbo Pads to go with them.  

By the way, those of you who use G Cushion/Jumbo pads, are they the "e" version or are they all same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back