Grado and Sennheiser factory view
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you sing and dance, and have that brainless smile that looks like forced to smile with a gun aimed at them, in your job?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking. If you're asking whether I'd pay more attention to my job than they do (at least how they are depicted in the images), then the answer is yes.

The point I was trying to make is that the pictures don't exactly showcase Grado's quality. I'm ordering an HF-2. I don't mind the F1 error. I've listened to a bunch of Grado headphones and I was very impressed by their build quality. To me, these pictures would not illustrate that at all. Hence, I don't understand why Grado posted them in the first place.

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 143
but this is head-fi right? sound comes first. grado cans sound pretty good to me
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #19 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but this is head-fi right? sound comes first. grado cans sound pretty good to me
biggrin.gif

Exactly. And the fact of the matter is, no company does what Grado does better. If this basement-looking-setup is what's producing the headphones many of us know and love, I have no complaints about it.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking. If you're asking whether I'd pay more attention to my job than they do (at least how they are depicted in the images), then the answer is yes.

The point I was trying to make is that the pictures don't exactly showcase Grado's quality. I'm ordering an HF-2. I don't mind the F1 error. I've listened to a bunch of Grado headphones and I was very impressed by their build quality. To me, these pictures would not illustrate that at all. Hence, I don't understand why Grado posted them in the first place.

You must be a empath, and able to read people's feelings from a jpeg image. Quite amazing really.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #22 of 143
Quote:

You must be a empath, and able to read people's feelings from a jpeg image. Quite amazing really.

While I'm still a student and have only worked at relatively unskilled jobs, I have never been allowed to wear earphones while working. Same goes for anyone else I know for that matter.

I'm really not trying to criticize Grado, at least on their production line. As stated, they sound great, and that's all that matters. Obviously this is working for them (bar the F1 error).

As for their amp, that's another story.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 143
maybe they get free whoppers... yum

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #25 of 143
Quote:

I have never been allowed to wear earphones while working. Same goes for anyone else I know for that matter.

I think that shows it's a pretty cool place to work. Maybe that worker has a huge smile, you just don't see because her head is to the camera.

Or maybe John Grado has a shotgun aimed at them "smile for the company photo, or else"

Quote:

Why would Grado need super modern equipment to produce headphones the same way headphones were made 50 years ago?

Exactly. Go into a cobblers shop, you don't see any modern equipment..nor Brooks hasen't changed in 100 years.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #26 of 143
Quote:

I think that shows it's a pretty cool place to work. Maybe that worker has a huge smile, you just don't see because her head is to the camera.

Or maybe John Grado has a shotgun aimed at them "smile for the company photo, or else"

Exactly. Go into a cobblers shop, you don't see any modern equipment..nor Brooks hasen't changed in 100 years.

Yep, its really apples to oranges.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #27 of 143
Well, that's the difference between a large company and a small one. There is definitely something to be said about clean, dustless environment where employees wear labcoats, gloves, and surgical masks. Maybe it's just me, but that certainly instills confidence in me about the product. (I heard that Esoteric's facility is spectacular.)

I wonder what headphone amps are made in such an environment? SPL? Lehmann? Luxman?

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #28 of 143
So do you prefer Nike shoes made in a clean factory, or a pair of custom made leather shoes made by a fat, sweaty balding man in a dirty apron?

I guess by that logic, Nike are a far more professional company with higher quality products.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #29 of 143
I'd be kinda curious if the woman in the fourth picture was even doing her job at the time...it looks like a posed photo to me. And there's no fscking way the fellow in the sixth shot was doing anything interesting, with a photographer breathing down his neck. All the Senn shots look unnatural...the crazy angles, the artistic focus, the shininess...it's clearly a professional, staged shoot. Whereas the Grado pictures look genuine, like someone took a camera and shot people really doing their job.

@Berlioz: You must have really awful bosses. Even in college, my friends were allowed to wear earphones on the job, assuming they weren't in a customer-support position or whatnot. Plus, check out how many Head-fi'ers list work setups or ask for closed phones because they can't disturb other people at work. Probably why she's not wearing Grados...they'd leak like crazy and disturb other people.

What I get from this is that Grado wants to show fans a typical day at the office, and that Senn wants a sales brochure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back