Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #122 of 2,153

Based soley on company reputation, CEntrace makes one of the best DAC implementations in the business. Other companies license CEntrace DACs. The DACMini CS is  stereophile class A rated, which is really hard to get.

Thanks loads. Looks like I'll be holding on to the M8 a little while longer.

So to those enjoying (or are about to enjoy) the m9xx, keep those impressions coming. :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #123 of 2,153
And now begins the wait.....

(joined the groupbuy - probably another month or longer before I get a surprise in the mail)

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #126 of 2,153
And now begins the wait.....

(joined the groupbuy - probably another month or longer before I get a surprise in the mail)
that is the one thing I dislike about Massdrop. Oh, and the deals are compelling me to buy things I really don't need!

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #128 of 2,153
lol, I'd answer with ... after buying the Ether and HE1000 in quick consession why on earth would I 'need' the AKG K7XX and FAD Sonorous VI. After buying the McIntosh MHA100 earlier this year why on earth would I 'need' this Grace dac/amp?

I blame massdrop. For dangling these deals in my face I can't pass up! -lol.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #129 of 2,153
lol, I'd answer with ... after buying the Ether and HE1000 in quick consession why on earth would I 'need' the AKG K7XX and FAD Sonorous VI. After buying the McIntosh MHA100 earlier this year why on earth would I 'need' this Grace dac/amp?

I blame massdrop. For dangling these deals in my face I can't pass up! -lol.

4500 dollar amplifier. Jesus... 

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #130 of 2,153
I hear you all.

I've now got 7 sets of cans, 4 sets of amps/dacs and still only 1 set of ears.

I think it's about time I stopped looking and started listening again.

I swear - the m9xx will be the last.........

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #131 of 2,153
4500 dollar amplifier. Jesus... 
its a quality DAC too, which i needed. couldn't pass up that the retailer was covering the cost of tax; rare against McIntosh. if it was msrp, I would not have pulled the trigger. That's the on topic part. I have no self control if a great deal is dangled in front of me.

Famous last words raband !

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #132 of 2,153
m8o. Well, you're way ahead I guess. I might get there sometime in the future. But it isn't gonna be this year, or the next. Gotta start making some serious money before I drop that kind of cash. I hear you guys. Almost every audio purchase this year was due to Massdrop. Bought only 2 full cans, and 2 IEMs, but also bought a DAC/AMP and 2 CIEMs because of MD. The 2nd CIEM was because the first CIEM purchase which I made through MD put me in the mood to spend more. Stupid Massdrop. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #134 of 2,153
  When you're subscribed to Massdrop, you don't look. It finds you. 

I've been planning on having a weekend when I lock myself away with 1 desk and all the audio gear and have a good comparison listen with it all.

As soon as the last thing I ordered arrives it'l happen.

I think I'm now waiting til March next year :S

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #135 of 2,153

I've been planning on having a weekend when I lock myself away with 1 desk and all the audio gear and have a good comparison listen with it all.

As soon as the last thing I ordered arrives it'l happen.

I think I'm now waiting til March next year :S

I should do that. I should live under a rock without internet for a year then re-emerge perhaps to a post-apocalyptic wasteland... I'll go play I'm Am Legend with all the audio gear I can get my hands on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back