GoVibe Vest amp and DAC 24/192 (upsampled from 96kHz) Dual WMA8740
May 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #16 of 24
Thank you for continued input and compliment. I also didn't realise that the Magnum was still on market. I really am limited to what I see at Musica, Fujiya, Dynamic, Yodobashi, and e-earphones, so I need to spend more time in research. I'm right with you in many ways: the VestAmp is very nice, but it has little that helps it stick out from the competition, which is a shame. I look forward to the Tokyo meeting, but I'll be sort of busy and maybe not able to do as much personal surfing as I'll be helping translate for Dimitri. Still, I hope to get off and get some goodies on my own! 

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
This portable amplifier sounds very good!

Details? Cans, compared to? 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #20 of 24
The VestAmp and to a lesser degree (because of less voltage), the VestAmp+ matches a whole bunch of headphones very well. I'd recommend it very highly because of clear but smooth sound signature and great drive potential for all sorts of phones. Its size is incredible, too. 

I used everything from Earsonics SM2 (hard to drive) to DT880 600Ω on it and found it just about perfect. 

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 24
GoVibe Vest  is a quite interesting portable Amp/DAC. For the Amp portion, how does it perform as comparing to other portable Amps such as Alo's Rx-MK2 or RSA's The Shadow?
Is there any GoVibe Vest Amp without DAC?

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #22 of 24
Vestamp comes like this:
Vest amp 
Vest amp +

The + version has a 24/96 upsampling USB DAC. Both perform well, though the regular Vest has more voltage on its rails so can go louder. It also has internal gain settings if I'm not mistaken, that the VestAmp+ doesn't have. Amp section is very good on both units, with low Ω output, low noise, and a good sound.

Aug 25, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #23 of 24
The VestAmp and to a lesser degree (because of less voltage), the VestAmp+ matches a whole bunch of headphones very well. I'd recommend it very highly because of clear but smooth sound signature and great drive potential for all sorts of phones. Its size is incredible, too. 

I used everything from Earsonics SM2 (hard to drive) to DT880 600Ω on it and found it just about perfect. 

Do you think VestAmp can drive DT880/600ohm very efficiently ? The source is iPod Classic.
How VestAmp' performance compare to JDL C421 or JDL Objective 2 or even Epiphany EHP O2?

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #24 of 24
How Govibe Vestamp comparing to JDS LabsC421 or Headstage Arrow 12HE 4G in term of performance and reliability ?
Which one has the longest battery life?
Among three of them, which is the best amp to drive headphone like DT880 or HD650?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back