Got the Shure SRH-1440
Feb 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

roadrunner

New Head-Fier
I received them yesterday.

(I currently alternate between the Shure SRH840 and Sony SA-5000 while listening at work. Source is a Creative Zen Vision:M and Ray Samuels Mustang Amp)

Only had them on for a few hours, so way to early to post any final judgements.

But I do observe the following:

The packaging is superb, cool carrying case, an extra cable and an extra pair of ear cushions

The comfort is great, but these may not fit people with smaller heads, I am at position 2 (out of 10)

The cables are detachable and look to be very high quality. Cable is not microphonic at all.

Bass response is good for an open air design, much better than the SA-5000 headphones
Midrange, especially vocals is great, very detailed
High end is very accurate, not bright at all

So far, I really like them!

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 17
Keep us posted. Full review?

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 17
I always wanted to try an open back headphone from shure. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
Bass response is good for an open air design, much better than the SA-5000 headphones
Midrange, especially vocals is great, very detailed
High end is very accurate, not bright at all

So far, I really like them!

Sounds promising! Yes, keep us posted as you discover your new headphones.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 17

images

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8 of 17
I design audio products for a living, some products featured on this forum came out of my group at work, and also some of the work I did on a free lance basis. So listening to headphones at work is not an issue.

Here's what I think of the SRH1440 compared to the SRH840 ( I wear the SRH840 about 20 hours a week at work)

Comfort is better on the 1440s, I like the velour ear pads, and since they are open air, they don't get so "hot". They do weigh slightly more than the 840s, but the headband design negates that.

The 840s have better bass response, but the 1440s are sufficient in that frequency

The mid range and above on the 1440s is much better, they are very detailed and accurate, I like the sound signature.

The 1440s do bleed noise. They also suprisingly have some decent isolation.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #9 of 17
What about, comparing them to the 940's? 

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #11 of 17
I think people compare this headphone to the wrong  pair of sennheisers not the 650's but the 600s. I bought the 1440s  4 days ago and I'm using a profire 2626. With both headphone outs calibrated to the same volume level the perceived frequency response is near identical. What is different to my ears is the sound stage. Even though the 1440s are open back you can still feel the sense of them being headphones where the sennheisers have a more open laid back ear speaker like sound stage that being said I love the 1440's and think they are a killer easier to drive headphone at a good price point. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #12 of 17
I must admit I've been prejudiced from listening to open hp's because they leak sound, and I like the boomier bass from closed cans. I'm really tempted to go for the 1440, though. Do these leak much sound both inward or outward? I want to use them on public transport, and I know how much I hate sitting next to people using the stock Apple buds. They leak so badly you can recognise what they're listening to. I just got my Grado 60s out from storage, and I've just noticed what a good set of open cans they are. Can anyone say how the Grados compare to the 1440's?

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
I must admit I've been prejudiced from listening to open hp's because they leak sound, and I like the boomier bass from closed cans. I'm really tempted to go for the 1440, though. Do these leak much sound both inward or outward? I want to use them on public transport, and I know how much I hate sitting next to people using the stock Apple buds. They leak so badly you can recognise what they're listening to.

The 1440 leak about 70% less than most open cans. The back of the drivers is actually capped, which prevents a lot of leakage out the back.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #14 of 17
Guys is there any harmonic distortions on SRH 1440. Innerfedility graph shows distortions in the curve .

Do SRH 1440 have many harmonic distortions like depicted in the graph?

Some one told me all I couldbhear is distortions in SRH 1440 is that true ?
Is the trebble harsh in SRH1440 ?
I'm going to buy SRH 1440 ,though Im a basshead , wanna see i may love mids treble in SRH 1440 .

Can I boost the bass in SRH 1440 through an EQ or does it make bass bloated ?

Any suggestions to improve bass on SRH1440 is appreciated like through fiio amps (Fiio E07k , bass adjustments )

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #15 of 17
Guys is there any harmonic distortions on SRH 1440. Innerfedility graph shows distortions in the curve .

Do SRH 1440 have many harmonic distortions like depicted in the graph?

Some one told me all I couldbhear is distortions in SRH 1440 is that true ?
Is the trebble harsh in SRH1440 ?
I'm going to buy SRH 1440 ,though Im a basshead , wanna see i may love mids treble in SRH 1440 .

Can I boost the bass in SRH 1440 through an EQ or does it make bass bloated ?

Any suggestions to improve bass on SRH1440 is appreciated like through fiio amps (Fiio E07k , bass adjustments )

This thread is two and a half years old; I think you'll find an answer elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back