Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread.
Feb 6, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #361 of 379

I have got both, mainly using S0 for the past month or so. To my ears, they sound two totally different sound signatures. S0 being the more balanced out of the two. S0 still got enough punchy bass with brilliant mids and somewhat smoothed highs. Pistons OTOH, has a bit more bass than S0 but it is somewhat bloated and eating up the mids. Personally, I like listening to S0 way more than I do for Pistons for all kinds of music genre. Build quality wise both are quite good, bundled accessories wise S0 has got a plenty over Pistons.

Pistons sound shallow and much better with the Filter mod, S0 is good but wont come close to pistons with this mod, sadly. I have it and i have a hifiman Filter on it and its Fantastic. Still S0 sounds full bodied and good enough to be considered.

Okay, so here's my comparison in as concise a paragraph as possible:

The Pistons are more V-shaped and brighter than the S0 and works with more genres better IMO. The S0, though darker and bassier-sounding, is more refined and natural. Both are great, but I'd pick the Pistons over them if I needed to.

The pistons' low end is bigger and slower with softer impact and sounds bloated next to the S0' tighter and more solid bass. Otherwise, yeah, the S0 sounds a touch dark and lacking some air on top but the piston's highs are also very laid back and lacking even more sparkle if you remove the filter they become tizzy and with a weird resonance at higher volume. I would pick S0 over the pistons any day and any night. 

thanks guys! ive always been curious about the xiaomi pistons, but with the amount of fakes floating around, i figured its not worth the trouble, even if its cheap!

sounds like the s0s and the pistons are comparable! thats great! i would imagine the s0s isolate more, cause the vent is much smaller than the pistons, plus the pistons seems to have those sharper metal edges.

i wish i had these guys way back when! maybe my headphone journey would've ended with either of them. =) its nice how the competition in the market now can create such pleasing sound at the price of a super fancy dinner (or 2) 

=)

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #362 of 379
Anyone else experiencing pain in the ears after using the medium stock tips for ~2 hours? The medium stock tips seem to give me the best secure fit but they hurt my ears after having them on for at least an hour

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #363 of 379
  Anyone else experiencing pain in the ears after using the medium stock tips for ~2 hours? The medium stock tips seem to give me the best secure fit but they hurt my ears after having them on for at least an hour

Go compy way!! Wont hurt. Tips can cause irritation at times, its not new. sennheiser Single flanges at times gets itchy in my ears after just a few minutes. So change the tips or in your case give your ear some rest after 2hrs? like 15min or so?

Feb 8, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #365 of 379

It depends on how you wear them. In this case, it looks like the size is too big for you. It is just like shoes. At first, you think it is nice and all but after awhile, you start feeling pain as there too little space for your feet to rest on. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #366 of 379
wow, has anyone purchased from mp4nation? I purchased my brainwavz s0 from them during the promotion and got the 2 day fedex shiping. today, about 2 weeks later, I received a fedex invoice saying I need to pay them a total of $14.54? This is my first time getting charged on purchasing head phones over seas and now I'm getting charged half of what I paid for my earphones ($28).. Has this happened to anyone?

Edit: Mp4nation wrote the value of the earphones off as $20, isn't a $14.54 fee too high for a $20 declared value?

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #367 of 379
wow, has anyone purchased from mp4nation? I purchased my brainwavz s0 from them during the promotion and got the 2 day fedex shiping. today, about 2 weeks later, I received a fedex invoice saying I need to pay them a total of $14.54? This is my first time getting charged on purchasing head phones over seas and now I'm getting charged half of what I paid for my earphones ($28).. Has this happened to anyone?

Edit: Mp4nation wrote the value of the earphones off as $20, isn't a $14.54 fee too high for a $20 declared value?

Not sure what's going on with that. I've never had any problems from mp4nation nor have u heard of anything...

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #368 of 379

This is something you need to be taking up with FEDEX.  I'd be asking them what the charges are for.  Sounds fishy - but not MP4nation's fault that I can see.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #369 of 379
Not sure what's going on with that. I've never had any problems from mp4nation nor have u heard of anything...

Yeah this is my first time getting charged. I've ordered earphones from penonaudio before with no problems, and I've actually ordered a hard shell case from mp4nation before with no problems too. Maybe it's because my brainwavz were shipped using Fedex? Sucks though, hopefully I can get this waived or something

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #370 of 379
Yeah this is my first time getting charged. I've ordered earphones from penonaudio before with no problems, and I've actually ordered a hard shell case from mp4nation before with no problems too. Maybe it's because my brainwavz were shipped using Fedex? Sucks though, hopefully I can get this waived or something

If it's anything over there as over here it's the express shipping causing it. Pretty much only times I get hit with taxes is when the parcel is delivered with FedEx, DHL etc. Regular mail ver seldom get caught. These companies makes money on the custom clearance....

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #371 of 379
If it's anything over there as over here it's the express shipping causing it. Pretty much only times I get hit with taxes is when the parcel is delivered with FedEx, DHL etc. Regular mail ver seldom get caught. These companies makes money on the custom clearance....

+1, TRUE & Agree......especially with DHL,to me,as I never had similar experience from FedEX yet......may be Im under Radar and soon get charged by FedEX too? :wink:

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #372 of 379

This is something you need to be taking up with FEDEX.  I'd be asking them what the charges are for.  Sounds fishy - but not MP4nation's fault that I can see.

+1... something fishy.

Best to double check with FEDEX or maybe they sent the invoice to the wrong place? 

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #373 of 379
To continue with FedEx charging, I have a similar experience in India and @mebaali as well, I believe

I only had one shipment so far from mp4nation via FedEx, which cost me paying extra, in spite mp4nation, declared it as sample unit with cost of $20, and I ended up paying $11.25 more which included customs and 'other charges'

and all other shipments were singapore post registered ones, came through without any trouble or paying extra.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #374 of 379

I've purchased a number of items from MP3 Nation and $14.54 is a standard charge. I've gotten charge that amount for earphones and DAPs..doesn't seem to matter what the cost of the items are, that's what FEDEX charges. It's better than DHL.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #375 of 379

I've purchased a number of items from MP3 Nation and $14.54 is a standard charge. I've gotten charge that amount for earphones and DAPs..doesn't seem to matter what the cost of the items are, that's what FEDEX charges. It's better than DHL.

Isn't it the customs charge thru the carrier?....The receipt shd read the details about the charges being levied.....And it's here dhl sucks.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back