Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread.
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #347 of 379
  yup! i think so! 

just curious but has anyone compared the s0 here with the much acclaimed xiaomi piston?

I have got both, mainly using S0 for the past month or so. To my ears, they sound two totally different sound signatures. S0 being the more balanced out of the two. S0 still got enough punchy bass with brilliant mids and somewhat smoothed highs. Pistons OTOH, has a bit more bass than S0 but it is somewhat bloated and eating up the mids. Personally, I like listening to S0 way more than I do for Pistons for all kinds of music genre. Build quality wise both are quite good, bundled accessories wise S0 has got a plenty over Pistons.

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #348 of 379
  yup! i think so! 

just curious but has anyone compared the s0 here with the much acclaimed xiaomi piston?

Pistons sound shallow and much better with the Filter mod, S0 is good but wont come close to pistons with this mod, sadly. I have it and i have a hifiman Filter on it and its Fantastic. Still S0 sounds full bodied and good enough to be considered.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #350 of 379
The pistons' low end is bigger and slower with softer impact and sounds bloated next to the S0' tighter and more solid bass. Otherwise, yeah, the S0 sounds a touch dark and lacking some air on top but the piston's highs are also very laid back and lacking even more sparkle if you remove the filter they become tizzy and with a weird resonance at higher volume. I would pick S0 over the pistons any day and any night. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #351 of 379
Just got the brainwavz s0 today, ordered on february 3rd and received them on february 5th, so very fast shipping thanks to mp4nation! it's my first time doing an impression so please excuse the noobiness, and I might be a bit biased because I've been using the vsd3s till now.

I've been switching back and forth with the vsd3s and brainwavz s0 and I have definitely noticed that the s0 is more laid back whereas the vsd3s is more forward. I also think the brainwavz s0 can control the bass well compared to vsd3s. Overall I find the sound very enjoyable (sorry guys I can`t really explain a lot of sound I`m still learning) and for the price point you get a really good amount of accessories and the build quality is great. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #352 of 379
Are these bad boys made to wear straight down or over the ear? It's kind of hard for me to keep them in place as they fall off my ears easily unless I put the chin slider near my adam's apple

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #354 of 379
Are these bad boys made to wear straight down or over the ear? It's kind of hard for me to keep them in place as they fall off my ears easily unless I put the chin slider near my adam's apple

They're designed to be worn either way. You make the choice. I always wear them over ear.

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #356 of 379
  How did you manage to wear it over ear with the falt cable? @.@ Im curious 

Like any flat cable - trust me if your preferred wearing style is over ear (I hate the microphonics from straight down) - you simply wind the cable flat over your ear.  it isn't rocket science.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #359 of 379
Nope - just my everyday specs (graduated lenses).  Like everything else, slowly deteriorating with age 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back