Got the 880/600 today, a word on them already
Sep 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
is it me or do other owners and people who have audition them feel as if they're too bright and sound way over processed?

don't get me wrong, the sound is very addicting and energetic, but I feel as if they actually take my songs and enhance them with more exciting treble and bass (this comes from someone who has tried many other 'phones)...I'm going to use them for a few more hours and keep comparing them to the DT770/600 and HD-595, but I don't know if I'll end up keeping them.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 23
So far, I'm favoring the DT770/600 > the DT880/600...seems to be just perfect with everything...the balance is great.

HD-595 is just right on, very natural. Love 'em.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 23
Detail seems to shine over the 770 and 595, but that might be because of the overly produced treble...the treble is way to bright, it keeps me thinking! bass is tight, nice and balanced...some what sounding fragile and out of control at times if you're a good listener, but nonetheless, it hits the spot smoothly.

still more testing to do!

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 23

Quote:
is it me or do other owners and people who have audition them feel as if they're too bright and sound way over processed?

don't get me wrong, the sound is very addicting and energetic, but I feel as if they actually take my songs and enhance them with more exciting treble and bass (this comes from someone who has tried many other 'phones)...I'm going to use them for a few more hours and keep comparing them to the DT770/600 and HD-595, but I don't know if I'll end up keeping them.

What amp are you using with them? Ideally a nice tube amp.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #10 of 23

Quote:
even if you are understandably very excited to have new headphones.

LOL...thanks Ari...now I've got to get up and get the Windex to wipe off my computer screen from the Pepsi I just did a spit take with.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 23
That and just givem more time. In the end you my not like them. My experience was almost exactly opposite in the beginning as I found my Beyers to distant and veiled. I removed the black foam infornt of the drivers and let them burn in 24/7 for a week and now they are the best headphones Ive ever had.

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 23
The treble is a bit rough at first.

After 50 hours I thought they smoothed out and I love them after that.

As for being overly treble its really not treble heavy at all.
Its pretty neutral maybe +1-2 like on a integrated amp knob.

People should try to hear a Sony mdr v6 so they know what a treble heavy headphone sounds like.

Sep 9, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #15 of 23
The reason I sold my MDR-V6 is because it had far too much treble, super recessed mids, and like no bass. The treble was not even smooth at all.

Quote:
The treble is a bit rough at first.

After 50 hours I thought they smoothed out and I love them after that.

As for being overly treble its really not treble heavy at all.
Its pretty neutral maybe +1-2 like on a integrated amp knob.

People should try to hear a Sony mdr v6 so they know what a treble heavy headphone sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back