Got some six-packs abs, but why do I still have a big belly if I don't contract my ab
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

100+ Head-Fier
I thought having six packs would guarantee small belly? What am I doing wrong? Food? not sleeping regularly? Sodas? I don't feel bloated though.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 30
I can empathize. I don't have a big belly, but it's as you describe. 6 pack beneath, a bit of flab above it.

It's depressing, especially since I work hard at it. It's probably due to my consumption of chocolates and ice-cream. Lately, I just can't stop.
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 30
Its terrible y'all and myself don't conform to the images with which we are bombarded. That human beings have different, natural, body types is irrelevant.

Our military/industrial/commercial state prefers the Ideal Form, and those who do not conform will be regulated to perpetual cubicles--or middle management positions. The purchase of iPods, Bose, and _________ will alleviate much of the anxiety--but not eliminate it--as our collective consciousness must not fall below the minimum-set FUD standard.
confused.gif

That said, get yourself some liposuction.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 30
Be as Clark Kent, wandering the streets of Metropolis. Or Quai-Chang Kane, wandering the old American West.
Hide thy abs, for exposed they only serve to challenge the weak and misguided to testosterone-driven contention and will attract willing and wanton ladies of great beauty and wealth and ill-repute who will swarm about you and lay with...you...and...um...err...hmmm....

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

plainface.gif

Never mind; carry on soldier.
icon10.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 30
6-packs are made in the kitchen not the gym, so I would say eating less carbs will help that problem.
As long as your eat the right stuff and burn what you eat. I haven't worked my abs out in months, but are one of my strongest looking muscle groups

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 30
You can be as strong as you want (have strong abs), but fat is fat and you can easily have it hide your muscles under it. I have strong abs, but in the same boat as you with definition. Just lose a little weight for the "looks" (diet and sleep is key since you're already exercising) and I gotta take my own advice, these 4-6 hours of sleep are terrible for that kind of thing.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 30
I have a related question: Even though I have only just enough fat on my body to cover my ribs, I still have a saggy gut that is (IMO) far too large. Is there something wrong with me? Anywhere on the rest of my body, I barely have enough fat to pinch with a pair of pliers!

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a related question: Even though I have only just enough fat on my body to cover my ribs, I still have a saggy gut that is (IMO) far too large. Is there something wrong with me? Anywhere on the rest of my body, I barely have enough fat to pinch with a pair of pliers!

Exercise more to tighten the abs. A little fat over a hard body should never look "saggy", it just doesn't look like much definition, but the shape of the muscles underneath should still be visible.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #9 of 30
thats prolly cause us guys when we were a tad younger, worked out some, then more sedentary hobbies ensued, and we have that little male paunch which hides the hard work underneath, my diet could be better, my posture seems to affect my stomach from sideways profile, if i slump my shoulders its worse than if i straighten my back and shoulders back a little...

not too bad, and i if flex them i have strong stomach muscles, but like the brain, i need to work it more..

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6-packs are made in the kitchen not the gym, so I would say eating less carbs will help that problem.
As long as your eat the right stuff and burn what you eat. I haven't worked my abs out in months, but are one of my strongest looking muscle groups

QFT, diet is absolutely key for the appearance and maintenance of abs. Jack La Lanne once said, "If it tastes good, spit it out." While that's rather extreme, I think a lot of us could stand to try to stand and eat better. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a survey conducted that places abs as the sexiest and most desirable physical characteristic that women want in men. It's just too bad that they are so damned hard to achieve and maintain
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #13 of 30
there's a show called "what's good for you" here in Aus and they test theories and myths relating to your health

they tried this (how to get a 6 pack), by far the best results came from changing diet it was actually quite a HUGE diff

although the guys that used machines/exercise were much much stronger in the end, the guys who had the enhanced diet looked much more cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back