Got my 580's in!!!!
Mar 19, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 26

Hmm downloading the BBE now. These cans sound fantastic, right out of the box they blow my golds away. They are burning in via pink noise tonight, tomorrow back to more brown pink and varying music genres.  What do you think about a rockboxed sansa fuze? Will that push them properly?
Quote:
Quote:
...whats going on? These are 300Ohm headphones, they don't even work plugged directly into a laptop do they? 
blink.gif

Ultrasone HFI 580 i believe. Not Sennheiser.

If its the Ultrasone, you should try to run it from a good linear phase equalizer or a Cowon BBE. The potential they have for bass is almost unmatched.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 26
What I meant was the Cowon MP3 players' BBE or another linear phase EQ. The computerized Jet Audio BBE has a lot of distortion. The Cowon mp3 player's BBE is implemented differently.

I haven't tried the updated Jet audio but i doubt they fixed the issue.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 26
Just wait til you try them with a usb dac/amp... I liked my US 680's but they realky came to life when I added the amp. Get something like a Fiio E7 and you'll ve amazed how much more punch they have. The bass on "Take The Power Back" by Rage Against The Machine will sound like a roundhouse kick to your ears :)

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #19 of 26
Might I add that if you're an Asus Xonar ST/STX owner, the 49720NA opamps in the I/V section really make these cans shine over anything else I have enjoyed out of the ST's Headphone jack. The soundstage becomes something to marvel at, especially with electronic music.

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #20 of 26
Yeah E7 with a legit mp3 player will be my next purchase. 

Honestly 9 hours of pink noise didn't do a damn thing FWIW...

Quote:
Just wait til you try them with a usb dac/amp... I liked my US 680's but they realky came to life when I added the amp. Get something like a Fiio E7 and you'll ve amazed how much more punch they have. The bass on "Take The Power Back" by Rage Against The Machine will sound like a roundhouse kick to your ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #21 of 26
If you got a Cowon, you wouldn't need a Fiio E7. In fact if you had the Fiio and the Cowon, you'd be double amping them which you don't want to do. At least for the Cowon S9 and J3 since they don't have line-outs. The Cowon's equalizer is one of the best I've ever used though. I've been trying to find a PC version of the BBE EQ, but since it's hardware based I don't have much hopes of finding one any time soon.

Quote:
Yeah E7 with a legit mp3 player will be my next purchase. 

Honestly 9 hours of pink noise didn't do a damn thing FWIW...

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #22 of 26
I am somewhat budget limited. Which Cowon would you recommend? I want an S9, but I am a student, and the 580 was a huge purchase for me...

Quote:
If you got a Cowon, you wouldn't need a Fiio E7. In fact if you had the Fiio and the Cowon, you'd be double amping them which you don't want to do. At least for the Cowon S9 and J3 since they don't have line-outs. The Cowon's equalizer is one of the best I've ever used though. I've been trying to find a PC version of the BBE EQ, but since it's hardware based I don't have much hopes of finding one any time soon.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #23 of 26
People have said that the Cowon Iaudio 9 sounds identical which should probably be cheaper.

Quote:
I am somewhat budget limited. Which Cowon would you recommend? I want an S9, but I am a student, and the 580 was a huge purchase for me...

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #24 of 26
Gotcha thanks! Yeah I see brand new ones for $115. This will be my next purchase. Also the cowon media center I downloaded sounds a fair amount better than Windows media player, I am impressed!

Hey does anyone know how to uninstall media player? I never use it. 

Quote:
People have said that the Cowon Iaudio 9 sounds identical which should probably be cheaper.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #25 of 26
These have recessed mids???? Says who???? If anything the bass is lacking oomph, but overall the sound is pretty neutral. Bass sounds a little bloated here and there, I expect this to tighten up, but overall I am VERY impressed and the mids are NOT recessed in the least. 

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Might I add that if you're an Asus Xonar ST/STX owner, the 49720NA opamps in the I/V section really make these cans shine over anything else I have enjoyed out of the ST's Headphone jack. The soundstage becomes something to marvel at, especially with electronic music.

Hmm I might have to dump my Xonar DX for an ST/STX/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back