Got my 580's in!!!!
Mar 18, 2011 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

408mike

100+ Head-Fier
Man, they sound FANTASTIC right out of the box!!! Loving these things already, barely an hour of burn in and they already rock. Highs and mids are forward clear and have good body, bass has presence but hasn't developed yet. Nothing rumbling, but overall I already feel like they are coming to life. Will update at the 20 hour mark or so, listening to Markus Schulz lots of ASOS and Global DJ. Will give impressions, soon, but these things make me smile and are EASIER to drive than my Golds! Amazing. Loving them. 

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 26
I really have to admit, these sound pretty amazing, but lacking the OOMPH and presence I was hoping for. I HEAR the bass, but I do not FEEL it. Way too early to tell, just an early impression. The detail and separation right now is very good, if these are more bass heavy than M50's I am sure glad I did not buy those. 

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 26
Depending on the recording and your EQ, you can feel the bass rumble. Like try this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNu_LnaGxGw better if you can get it in better quality. The beginning of the song literally vibrates my headphones and ears so these headphones are capable but it really depends on the recording and your EQ. My source, Xonar DX card EQ'd on my PC. The thing is it hurts my ears so when I want real oomph in whatever I play I unplug my headphones and bang the 2.1 speakers because it's safer for my ears ;P 

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 26
I definitely see some potential. REALLY amazed at how much lower of a volume these things sing at! With my Gold's I would have the volume cranked up to 80, these sing LOUDER at 40! It's really an amazing difference. 

Quote:
Depending on the recording and your EQ, you can feel the bass rumble. Like try this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNu_LnaGxGw better if you can get it in better quality. The beginning of the song literally vibrates my headphones and ears so these headphones are capable but it really depends on the recording and your EQ. My source, Xonar DX card EQ'd on my PC. The thing is it hurts my ears so when I want real oomph in whatever I play I unplug my headphones and bang the 2.1 speakers because it's safer for my ears ;P 

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #11 of 26

Quote:
I definitely see some potential. REALLY amazed at how much lower of a volume these things sing at! With my Gold's I would have the volume cranked up to 80, these sing LOUDER at 40! It's really an amazing difference. 

Yeah I usually have the volume at 10-20 in windows 7 so I don't fatigue/damage my ears from long listening! 

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 26
Hour 6 or so now. Gave them 2 hours of pink noise, coming to life nicely. Haven't heard MUCH difference, just little things. Lots of smaller details coming to life. Might try a couple hours of brown noise to bring the drivers to life, right now the highs are slightly sibilant as well. 

Does anyone think one type of noise or another will be best for these?

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #13 of 26
...whats going on? These are 300Ohm headphones, they don't even work plugged directly into a laptop do they? 
blink.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #14 of 26
You needa download some nice instrumentals. I downloaded instrumentals from various rap artists and dang, its just nice to listen and "feel" it without the rapper rapping.
Try it =P

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #15 of 26
...whats going on? These are 300Ohm headphones, they don't even work plugged directly into a laptop do they? 
blink.gif

Ultrasone HFI 580 i believe. Not Sennheiser.

If its the Ultrasone, you should try to run it from a good linear phase equalizer or a Cowon BBE. The potential they have for bass is almost unmatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back