Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Tegra 3)
Sep 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #91 of 98
I got a chance to try the phone jack on the nexus 7 and didn't hear any noise either you guys have golden ears or bad shielding work on your tablets.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #92 of 98
hi guys, i have my nexus 7 rooted, and running the trinity kernel - all i need now is a USB DAC... i'm thinking of going for the Fiio e7 but my question is will it sound better than the headphone our of the Nexus 7? And better enough to warrant investing in the E7? I have sennheiser ie80s as my earphones

Cheers,
Mick

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #93 of 98
Quote:
hi guys, i have my nexus 7 rooted, and running the trinity kernel - all i need now is a USB DAC... i'm thinking of going for the Fiio e7 but my question is will it sound better than the headphone our of the Nexus 7? And better enough to warrant investing in the E7? I have sennheiser ie80s as my earphones

Cheers,
Mick

Yes, it will sound better than the headphone out in the Nexus 7.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #95 of 98
I don't think I have golden ears but I was listening through Triple Fi and Shure E500 iems so they will tend to pick up stuff like that far easier than basic open headphones. I now have a Nexus 7 of my own and both the unit I borrowed and my own show this electronic noise.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #96 of 98
Quote:
I don't think I have golden ears but I was listening through Triple Fi and Shure E500 iems so they will tend to pick up stuff like that far easier than basic open headphones. I now have a Nexus 7 of my own and both the unit I borrowed and my own show this electronic noise.

I found that the charging unit supplied with the N7 to be electronically quite noisy.  Other USB chargers don't have this problem.  I found my N7 didn't have any electronic noise when it was not connected to any USB charger/computer.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #97 of 98
Quote:

I tested the nexus 7 with t50rp,k702 d2000 and a PA2V2 and did not hear any noise.Not sure if they have the same sensitive as your headphones.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #98 of 98
I hear the noise myself, only when swiping along the screen though. It will only be apparent in silent output sections though, the amplifier is muted until output is required, it is a method of noise control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back