Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Tegra 3)
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #63 of 98
Quote:
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't stream FLAC files over 3g/4g.  Wifi only.  But that is still a huge plus since free wifi is pretty widely available when traveling.

The Seagate GoFlex Satellite that I have does local WiFi streaming well, I was using it with my 4S to listen to FLAC music via 8-player.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #64 of 98
USB audio is working for me using a custom kernel and Micro II.  Here is a link if you wanna try it out, I'd like to know what DAC's it works with....  http://androtransfer.com/poitee/Grouper/Kernel/poitee-grouper-v3.zip

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #66 of 98
Quote:
Great find! about to give this kernel a try and see how it goes.

FYI mine is only working when I boot the device with the OTG cable already plugged in and the Micro 2 plugged into the OTG cable.  If you boot without them plugged in then its not switching over.  Its a work in progress that I asked the guy to try and this is his first attempt

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #69 of 98
no luck for me, and I haven't seen a usb notification either.  The usb audio tester app is all I've had success with, and all that does is open the microphone and play the output through the usb device.  However, it seems that we're on the right track, even if progress is slow. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #71 of 98
Great work guys. Can't wait to see what else you can get working.

I got my N7 16gb a week or so ago and I'm liking it alot but yeah I didn't really expect it to be an audiophile grade device in regards to audio. I was hoping, though, that its headphone jack would be a little more powerful than the one on my Huawei Mercury android phone but it seems to be about the same. Does anyone know if there's any chance at all that the gain of this Realtek audio chip can be increased the way Voodoo does with some of the Samsungs? Probably not, eh? Oh well. Its loud enough for me so far but will probably be a bit lacking in loud environments.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #72 of 98
Quote:
no luck for me, and I haven't seen a usb notification either.  The usb audio tester app is all I've had success with, and all that does is open the microphone and play the output through the usb device.  However, it seems that we're on the right track, even if progress is slow. 

I have read that the Galaxy SIII doesn't work with the e17 either but works with the e7, so that may not be an issue on the device side.  I now have digital out of the Micro 2 working, again only when the N7 is connected before booting, hopefully it will be fixed soon so that when the DAC is connected the N7 automatically switches over to USB and back when disconnected.  

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #74 of 98
Nice, good to see a custom kernel bringing some usable USB audio!

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #75 of 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back