goodbye mercuttio?
Jan 17, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I just read he subcontiously equates his home system to his ****** job.
-greg

What does he do?

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does he do?

pimp
gs1000.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #19 of 38
Maybe he's leaving because he is tired of seeing the same posts all the time.

- pleeze help! best PhOnes for under $200

- 128 kbps best way to code music?

- Should I buy an amp?

- [blank] owners UNITE!!! or Appreciation for [headphone x]

This forum is riddled with pointless/repetitive posts. Gets harder to find any real/good information through searches.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- Should I buy an amp?

This forum is riddled with pointless/repetitive posts. Gets harder to find any real/good information through searches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milesbeyondjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like alot of the interesting people on this forum have left(or been banned).
frown.gif

I agree. I do hope Mercuttio doesn't leave, or at least comes back to post once in a while.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does he do?

if i had to guess i would say he was a lawyer, but thats just off my head. Im sure he has said it at some point but I really have no clue.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

if i had to guess i would say he was a lawyer, but thats just off my head. Im sure he has said it at some point but I really have no clue.

He used to have a picture of himself wearing the GS-1000s as his avatar, which gave a much better indication of his occupation.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- Should I buy an amp?

I can't really say much as I haven't contributed a whole lot in the time I've spent here but I have noticed that the amount of information I've been taking in has dropped quite a bit compared to when I first joined. There are still many helpful members here who can supply rivers of info if you ask but it seems that the threads that are being started now all pertain to subjects that have been discussed over and over. I'm not sure whether it's an abundance of new members that have questions on gear or just a lack of new gear to discuss, but there doesn't seem to be as many interesting topics in the Headphone/Amp/Source boards as there used to.

Quote:

I think he actually does design work/art? Kind of seems like it from his Flickr. I really hope he returns though, I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #25 of 38
yep my first year i sprinted madly, and i think blew up my tower three times hehe. but now it's a slow but sure build, and making certain each bit fits or definitely doesn't fit before doing an incremental upgrade/tweak. it's a good way to avoid burnout, and in the meantime supplement with plenty of new music. it's what the Doc ordered!
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He used to have a picture of himself wearing the GS-1000s as his avatar, which gave a much better indication of his occupation.

i've met the man and i assure you he's no 2000 yr old rabbi, lol!
wink.gif

last i heard he gave up his design job to return to the life of being a student.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've met the man and i assure you he's no 2000 yr old rabbi, lol!
wink.gif

last i heard he gave up his design job to return to the life of being a student.

Indeed. He is currently a student.

The pics on his flikr are just his hobby. He's been into photography for some time.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #29 of 38
Jan 18, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #30 of 38
There is certainly nothing wrong with spkr. IMO headphone is a step toward speaker. It is ONLY when you hear a properly setup speaker will you realize how deficient headphone is at presenting music. It is only when you know how great a headphone can sound will you be able to appreciate and judge the sound of speaker.

I have sold most of my headphone rigs (saving the HF-1
biggrin.gif
) to concentrate on spkers. I will probably get either Harbeth or Opera sometimes later this year. unlike this hobby spkr put soo much more strain on my wallet. Now I am REALLY sorry.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back