Goodbye headphones/IEMs....Speakers here i come !
May 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speakers, amp, preamp, tuners, sources will add a whole new dimension to your musical journey. As we say around here, but ohhh so much more so for this brave new world of speakers & etc, SORRY FOR YOUR WALLET. Enjoy!

Sigh.....my wallet never been this "light" before
frown.gif

The good thing is i am still keeping my RWA iMod as my source, that saves me $1000-$2000
cool.gif

And iMod sounds really good on my current setup.
Even the salesman in the store was impressed with iMod. They initially thought i was playing through their $1000 CD player
tongue.gif

May 10, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a pretty impressive pair of speakers you got there. Even if I sell all my toys, I still wouldn't be able to afford them.
tongue.gif
Good luck to your new journey.
biggrin.gif

Thanks thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking at your "inventory", i am pretty sure you can afford this IF you sell ALL your toys
tongue.gif

May 10, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #19 of 59
Ya, room acoustic plays an important role in your setup. Thats why speakers always sound different when you set it up at home. They usually sound optimum in the shop, simply from the way they set up the room.

In term of room furniture, i think that depends on which speakers. Some are really bright that you will need soft furniture to get a warmer sound.
So you will never know until you put them together in your room, living room.

May 10, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #20 of 59
Eh.

I have two sets of very nice speakers, but I just don't get that much enjoyment out of listening to music on them. It's 'phones all the way for me.

May 10, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 59
I have a great speaker system but still listen to my headphones often. I would recommend keeping your fave phones and amp around even if you get a speaker system.

May 10, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 59
oops, double post

May 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbird1927 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-- > i couldn't find a forum that is as active as head-fi.org plus with so many helpful people around willing to help. YOU GUYS ROCK !

Dynaudio Focus 110 here i come !!

I find AVSforum very helpful for various audio application other than HPs. You may find what you're looking for there.

and Congratz on the speaker purchase.

May 10, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #26 of 59
Good luck with your new foray into speaker territory!!
I think I'm going to take your advice on the avoidance of speakers since i I can't afford any on a student's budget
rolleyes.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #27 of 59
Love my speakers, both sets, but they are in storage and I don't live where I can use them anyway. I can't even use open phones most of the time so at least there is high quality closed phones to try and trick my brain.

Have fun on your new journey.

May 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #28 of 59
When I will finally have my place one day, I should dedicate more of my time to speakers. But for now living among my roommates, I am mostly a headphone guy
frown.gif

And I have heard some great speakers to come to the conclusion that there are things that headphones can outdo speakers and vice versa. They should not be mutually exclusive.

But hey, the nice thing is, if you care to look around, you can have speakers on the cheap *hint*vintage*hint*

May 11, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by golgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a great speaker system but still listen to my headphones often. I would recommend keeping your fave phones and amp around even if you get a speaker system.

Yup...i am keeping them for sure. I still love my ER-4S and Grado 325i
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by funniecow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you going to remodel your house, and create a "sound room". that will be nice, if you do please post pics. BTW watch out, for some reason roaches love speakers.

I am not setting up a room yet, but hopefully near future. Roaches ! are you serious ?? jesus... and i am going on holiday for 3 weeks soon
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by woopididi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratulations, and good luck with your speaker journey!
smily_headphones1.gif

i need to listen to some high end speaker systems. i love speakers
tongue.gif

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Like i mentioned before, DO NOT try the speakers unless you have extra $$$...once you listen to them, there is no turning back
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back