Goodbye headphones/IEMs....Speakers here i come !
May 10, 2008 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

bbird1927

100+ Head-Fier
It has been over 2 years since i started my AUDIOPHILE journey here
smily_headphones1.gif

From stock earbuds to my 1st pair of "expensive" earphones (Pioneer, cant recall which model), then eventually to Westone UM1, Grado 325i, and Etymotic ER-4S. I will never forget those fun time with my headphones/IEMs
redface.gif

The day i walked into the speakers store, i was like
eek.gif

On the spot, i knew i will leave my headphones/IEMs and move on.......to SPEAKERS !

I enjoy music, especially with my headphones/IEMs. But speakers just showed me a new "world", bringing me to a completely different level ! Coming from a headnhones/IEMs, the imaging, dynamics, highs, mids, and the lows that you get from speakers are just unbelievable. Its like going from stock earbuds to Grado GS-1000 !!
After 15 mins of listening to Dynaudio Focus 110, i knew i will move on to speakers and i will bring these babies back home. (which i did)

So i guess thats it. I moved to speakers, well i still use my headphones/IEMs but those will not be my 1st preference anymore.
The only downside of moving to speakers.. -- > i couldn't find a forum that is as active as head-fi.org plus with so many helpful people around willing to help. YOU GUYS ROCK !

Alright, enough craps spoken. Conclusion : Speakers stores are evil until proven otherwise
evil_smiley.gif
, so for all the head-fi'ers , stay away from those stores !

Dynaudio Focus 110 here i come !!

May 10, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 59
Good luck on your speaker adventure!

May 10, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 59
Yeah ... good luck with your speakers world!

You sure don't have three kids, two cats, a dog and a wife who doesn't like yor music preferences
wink.gif

Thats the reason for me to cuddle up and go for the phones
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #7 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by funniecow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck man, uh are you going to put your stuff up for sale to finance you new venture?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dont think i wanna sell any of my stuff. I am keeping them
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck with your new joy (speakers). I'm still on cans as I'm still staying away from speakers
tongue.gif

If you dont have extra $$$, i mean lots of $$$, keep STAYING AWAY from speakers !!
Its so easy to upgrade when you are on headphones/IEMs. But in speakers world....easily cost you few months or even years of pay for upgrade
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck on your speaker adventure!

Thanks thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
but i will still stick around head-fi. Feels more like home
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 59
I personally really prefer fons and the intimate baloon of music around my head. I severely dislike the impression of speaker sound "touching" me in physical sense.

May 10, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuesday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah ... good luck with your speakers world!

You sure don't have three kids, two cats, a dog and a wife who doesn't like yor music preferences
wink.gif

Thats the reason for me to cuddle up and go for the phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
You are damn right i dont, thats why i can do what i want
tongue.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #10 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enjoy your speakers mate, but don't forget that speakers and phones serve different purposes, so you'll most probably end up using both as many of us do
wink.gif

Rgrds

I agreed. Thats why i am keeping all my stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally really prefer fons and the intimate baloon of music around my head. I severely dislike the impression of speaker sound "touching" me in physical sense.

Dont quite understand what you meant by that
confused.gif

But i guess everyone's taste is different
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #12 of 59
Speakers > Headphones for me too.

Speakers bring a more immersive sound than headphones, and my ATCs just produce anything that is on the recorded CD, Flac file. Headphones do have very significant sound signatures that arn't as neutral, but I still love them and will continue to use them, upgrade and loose more money from my wallet as I can't get my speakers mounted on my head at 35kg each including stands
biggrin.gif

I really want to hear dynaudios as Ive heard nothing but praise for them over at the hifi wigwam. Next for me is some senns to compliment my HF-1s, then an amp for them too. But most importantly the PC must be formatted, music sorted out finally after 3 years of mess, Winamp installed with the ASIO pluggin and some more fun to be had with digital tracks on the HDD.

Ps3 media stream ROX as well.

Enjoy the dyns, but try not to leave us for good
wink.gif

May 10, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speakers > Headphones for me too.

Speakers bring a more immersive sound than headphones, and my ATCs just produce anything that is on the recorded CD, Flac file. Headphones do have very significant sound signatures that arn't as neutral, but I still love them and will continue to use them, upgrade and loose more money from my wallet as I can't get my speakers mounted on my head at 35kg each including stands
biggrin.gif

I really want to hear dynaudios as Ive heard nothing but praise for them over at the hifi wigwam. Next for me is some senns to compliment my HF-1s, then an amp for them too. But most importantly the PC must be formatted, music sorted out finally after 3 years of mess, Winamp installed with the ASIO pluggin and some more fun to be had with digital tracks on the HDD.

Ps3 media stream ROX as well.

Enjoy the dyns, but try not to leave us for good
wink.gif

I prefer speakers too
smily_headphones1.gif

As i mentioned before, i will still hang around here for sure. This is like my home, where i "grew up"
biggrin.gif

You really have to try the Dynaudio ! Contour range is amazing but the price is
eek.gif

At the moment Focus 110 is the best which is still within my price range. And Focus 110 sounds really good ! I compared it with B&W with the same price range, prefer Dyns. They are really neutral. you will enjoy everything that is coming out from these speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

TRY IT !!

May 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #15 of 59
That's a pretty impressive pair of speakers you got there. Even if I sell all my toys, I still wouldn't be able to afford them.
tongue.gif
Good luck to your new journey.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back