Good songs to test bass on headphones?
May 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 265
Why don't you just use one of the hip hop songs that you're already familiar with? It's usually a good idea to use a song you know, rather than try someone else's "reference" song from  a genre that may be foreign to you.

That said, two songs that I use are Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Holly Cole's "Temptation". Any of Rush's drum solos are also excellent.

May 2, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 265
The Pack - I'm Shinin
eek.gif

Lil Jon - What U Gon Do
Body Head Bangerz - Can't Be Touched
Lil Wyte - Oxy Cotton (The version from the Doubt Me Now album)
T.I. - Top Back
Tyga - I'm On It
Young Jeezy - White Girl

May 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 265
^those kind of song only repeats the same kind of beat over and over again and you really cannot test the base respond under rapid base change scenario, a good track is where the base range changes rapidly and a good headphone is one that its diaphram can match that change and produce the sound desired. 

May 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 265

This will tickle your drivers.

May 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 265
Any dubstep really. No other genre can replicate the deep sub bass in dubstep imo. Recommended producers to look at would be:

- Digital Mystikz
- Loefah
- Pinch
- Silkie
- Kode 9

May 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #14 of 265

Quote:
you will NOT find a more bassy song than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5MUrhsruJE

That sounds like crap, especially since it's youtube, any reasonable bass = massive underlying screechy distortion. Also it's flat single-note bassline, which does not test bass at all.

A perfect bass-testing song would have a mix of various beats, basslines, and drums. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back