Good portable headphones below 80usd!
Oct 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fraezon

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for good or best price/performance ratio for headphone that are below 80usd. Are there any other headphones besides the Beyerdynamic DT235 or the Sony MDR-V6? Thanks!

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 2
My favorite headphone is the Koss Pro DJ 100. They're only $80, but it really depends on what sound signature you like. They're not bass heavy headphones and more neutral. The highs though are really rolled off, which isn't something some people like. Not as bad as the HD-555 or HD-600 though. The reason anyone would get these is for the excellent vocal quality. Mids are very forward, but they need a lot of burn-in to sound best. About 3 days for me on my 2nd pair.

They also can fold up and work with the Pearstone velour pads!

I prefer them over my k240 Studio, due to how much clearer and natural everything is, but the k240 is better for more genres and it's semi-open. DJ100 is bad for classical and rap. The velour pads actually improve the bass a LOT. The regular pleather pads are probably why some people consider them bass light. It's due to not giving a very good seal. I don't think they are bass light at all. It's just very well controlled bass.

Needs an amp to sound best though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back