Good Portable $50 Headphones?
Nov 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Minibear453

New Head-Fier
I was thinking of the JVC HA-M750.. and found there was a problem with it's hinges? As in they break easily? Do the HA-S650 have the same problem? And others? 

Mostly, I'm going to be using these headphones everywhere, walking to school, traveling, biking (maybe) and such. I'd like a good, decent pair, that can also fold up to fit in a backpack or something. But sound quality matters more to me. Also, isolation is important, since I'm often near roads, trains, planes.etc. If it matters, I mainly listen to R&B and Hip-Hop and Rock. Suggestions? Thanks. 

Order of importance for me:
Quality-Sound/Build
Portability 
Looks

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 40
Don't know about the JVCs, but if you don't mind open cans, you can try the ksc75s or the koss porta pros. Heard they're pretty good and they fit your budget (porta pros go for $29.99 at amazon, ksc75's are like $15 i think)

They're definitely SQ over looks though, some people don't like their design. Give it a try though, many people get these as a starter.

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 40
I know... but I don't like them much... they slip everywhere, hurt my ears a little, and fall like crazy. And they don't fit right for me. Headphones are cushy, fit well, and I like the music from them more..

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 40
IEM's can sound better for $20 then any headphone, they can sound better for $70-90 as well. As far as price to performance goes below $100 IEM's are hard to beat. It is an Apples to Oranges comparison though.

I'd suggest you get Sennhieser HD428's if your absolutely set on fullsized headphones. They are little bigger but from my experience they are amazingly comfortable and they sound great.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #14 of 40
Any good IEMs? And I don't get it... so generally IEMs are better than headphones? But then why do people use headphones? The portability, isolation of IEMs is better, I assumed people used Headphones because of SQ...

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #15 of 40

Quote:
Any good IEMs? And I don't get it... so generally IEMs are better than headphones? But then why do people use headphones? The portability, isolation of IEMs is better, I assumed people used Headphones because of SQ...

Not what I meant, at certain price points some IEM's are better, under $100 there are some really stand out IEM's which most people buy for their portable audio and never spend more then say $90 for a Panasonic HJE900. You see those same people with $10,000 home rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back