Good London Based Store To Listen to some Headphones?
Jan 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 32
Richer Sounds carries a potpurri mix of Sennheiser, Grado, Klipsch, Bose (not exactly high-end, but still worth mentioning), Sony, etc. Perhaps you could try for there.

http://www.richersounds.com/

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 32
Jan 18, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 32
I went yesterday and tried Grados for the first time! WoW!

One thing though:

-Hey can I test some headphones?

-Sure help yourself

-Thanks, Do you have an amplifier I could maybe use?

-I have my iPod if you want...

Ho also:

-Ho those Grado SR80i sounds good!

- You going for the wrong headphones... Try this (YAMAHA HPH200) better then the SR80i

Horrible High, Mids drowned by the bass.

-Sorry, I dont agree, the Bass kills the rest of the frequencies compared to the SR80i ...

- I am always right but there will always be someone to say I am not.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 32

Ho also:

-Ho those Grado SR80i sounds good!

- You going for the wrong headphones... Try this (YAMAHA HPH200) better then the SR80i

Horrible High, Mids drowned by the bass.

-Sorry, I dont agree, the Bass kills the rest of the frequencies compared to the SR80i ...

- I am always right but there will always be someone to say I am not.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 32
shasonic at tottenham court road used to have a lot of grados, sennheisers and boses last year, most of them kind of overused but you can have an idea of the sound.

although the store doesnt seem to have a good reputation the girl there was quite helpful, got a grado sr80 there and a nice case with grado on it, well, best buying i have made in my life I can say after 6 months using it.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #11 of 32

Quote:
shasonic at tottenham court road used to have a lot of grados, sennheisers and boses last year, most of them kind of overused but you can have an idea of the sound.

although the store doesnt seem to have a good reputation the girl there was quite helpful, got a grado sr80 there and a nice case with grado on it, well, best buying i have made in my life I can say after 6 months using it.

Yeah Ive been to Shasonic a couple of times, good audiophile range to try. BUT their prices are veeery high, so look online if you decide to buy.
And don't forget to bring an amp.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #13 of 32

Quote:

I have heard about this place, there is a computer market there as well? A good place for a walk around?

Idk, tottenham court road has always to me been a dodgy place to buy from...

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #14 of 32
Oranges & Lemons in Clapham stock some headphones and let you audition them. However they are primarily a Hi-Fi shop. I emailed them about their stock and they only have Grado, Sennheiser and some Audio Technica models. They aren't planning to expand their range of manufacturers, but they'll be getting the HD700 in soon. No HD800 to try though.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #15 of 32

I live near Sutton in South London.Do you guys who live in London area want to meet up to do an audition?I will bring in my ATH-W3000 ANV and DX100 when they will arrive soon.I want to compare them to D7000 and Hifiman 500.

Quote:
Oranges & Lemons in Clapham stock some headphones and let you audition them. However they are primarily a Hi-Fi shop. I emailed them about their stock and they only have Grado, Sennheiser and some Audio Technica models. They aren't planning to expand their range of manufacturers, but they'll be getting the HD700 in soon. No HD800 to try though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back