Good headphones
May 13, 2011 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kvershay

New Head-Fier
Hello,
i am looking for a verry nice pair of headphones. i am looking to spend no more than $300 but if the quality is that much better i could spend a little more.  i use my headphones mostly on my ipod but sometimes on my computer.  please tell me your sugestions on headphones, and what do you guys thing about the beats by dre pro or studio. i keep hearing they are over priced but i really like the style of them, and i i would prefer that the headphones are semi stylish.

thanks

May 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 14
Welcome to headfi!!

I guess you like hip hop right? which other music genres you like? do they need to be portable? 

May 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 14
we need more info than that to help. Like what kind of music do you listen to? Is isolation important? What qualitys do you want, lots of bass? Neutral?...
The beats are BASS BASS and not much else, not my cup of tea.

May 13, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 14
i listen to mostly rap and rock. they need to be portable enough that i can wear them to school.  i would prefer that no one can hear my music if i listen to it a little more than half volume, and i do like bass but not soo much that the mids and highs are bad and the lyrics are muddy.

May 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 14
JVC HA_MX10, Bose QC15, ATH-ESW9, Denon D1100 and ATH_WS70.

May 13, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
we need more info than that to help. Like what kind of music do you listen to? Is isolation important? What qualitys do you want, lots of bass? Neutral?...
The beats are BASS BASS and not much else, not my cup of tea.

You forgot to say they have the bad *barf* type of bass
wink.gif

kvershay, you could read a few reviews on popular choices like AKG K518, ATH-M50, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, among the others already suggested previously. Though, I don't really know what you consider portable, as there's lots of people who have no issues going outdoors with all kinds of headphones
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 14
Roller - i consider anything all headphones portable
Revolink- I know it's pointless but half the time I would be using a laptop so they would be a complete waist but do you have any suggestions on headphones?

May 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 14
i just looked at the ATH-M50 and i really liked the look of them.  so i looked into what people were saying about them and all the review were good. what do you guys think of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back