Good descktop amp/DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms?
Nov 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nickwin

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an good desktop amp and DAC combo to use with my DT990 250ohm pros (it could technically be portable if its powered by usb, I just don't want something that runs only on batteries).  Currently using a Fiios E10, but it barely has enough power to drive the dt990s.  It could be a single unit or separate amp and DAC, but I would like to keep around or under $300 total. 

An amp with a laid back top end and tight bass would be idea considering the 990s signature.  I listen to rock, indy, techno/house and a little bit of folk.  If anyone has any experience with good (or bad) matches for these cans please share! Thanks.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 2
If nobody can offer any specifics, can you tell me what characteristics I should look for in an amp to pair with dt990 pro 250ohms?  Do I need high current? high gain?  Common sense tells me that I would want an amp with laid back treble and tight bass to take the edge off the 990s, but am I totally off base with that logic?  Since the dt990s are fairly "colored" would a totally neutral amp be more appropriate?  Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back