Good clear IEM without amp.
Sep 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jaykarnik

New Head-Fier
I am a basic user looking for a good IEM. Portability is an issue and hence I need ones which works without an amp.

Also sound should be crystal clear and vocals should be lively. Bass shouldn't shadow those qualities although a deep bass would be preferred.

Know any which live up to these standards on a US $150 budget?

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Bump up your budget a little bit more and get the Fischer Audio DBA-02. They sound amazing without an amp.

Aside from that, I would recommend the V-moda vibe or the Fischer Audio SBA-01.

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Those seem amazing and i might go for them. The only issue seems that in one of the pics of that thing you seem to have hooked it up to an amp. This is precisely what i dont want to do. So what are they like without the use of an amp?

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Those seem amazing and i might go for them. The only issue seems that in one of the pics of that thing you seem to have hooked it up to an amp. This is precisely what i dont want to do. So what are they like without the use of an amp?

DBA-02's are excellent without an amp, and would fit your preferences extremely well. I run them straight from an iPod Classic or Blackberry and rarely use over 50-60% volume.

Only problem with them is getting them - Bugden Audio (US/Canada distributor) is out-of-stock ATM, but they just shipped a bunch to head fi-ers, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few folks find that the DBA's don't agree with their sound signature preferences, so they'll show on the FS forum soon.

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 5
DBA-02 would work if you don't mind looking at the FS forums when they pop up which they will since not everyone will like them.

RE-Zero is also a consideration if you don't mind using a soft or hard adapter. I use mostly the Zero and they sound wonderful. Vocals are great and clarity is also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back