Good cans for death metal
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #79 of 93
And 100 euro difference?

Btw, do I win a prize if my suggestion wins?:dt880smile::)

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #81 of 93
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #82 of 93
so I can save 100 dollars by getting the black ones and it's the same exact product?
It's not. As I stated, the tonality is different. Cup material does make a difference. You won't get the rich, organic tonality with the Neo. Yes, they are similar, but the Noir is a better sounding product imo, as well as the opinion of many, many others. The Noir is 200 bucks. I don't think you will find the Neo for much less. Plus the Classics and Neo only come with the larger pads, however you can purchase them separately. You're gonna want the smaller pads. By the way, I'm going to list a barely used Msr7b for sale today if you might be interested.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #83 of 93
It's not. As I stated, the tonality is different. Cup material does make a difference. You won't get the rich, organic tonality with the Neo. Yes, they are similar, but the Noir is a better sounding product imo, as well as the opinion of many, many others. The Noir is 200 bucks. I don't think you will find the Neo for much less. Plus the Classics and Neo only come with the larger pads, however you can purchase them separately. You're gonna want the smaller pads. By the way, I'm going to list a barely used Msr7b for sale today if you might be interested.
i know it's not as bassy as the ath-m50x, but is there at least a solid punch from the kick drum? I really like a nice, fast, punch from a kick drum. Yes, i am extremely interested. pm me before you list.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #84 of 93
As much as I like my 58X, it's not my go to headphones for metal. They lack the bass impact and presence required for metal. They can be EQ though if you are into that, they can take serious EQ abuse. I much prefer a slight V shape sound for metal. The 58X are a little too neutral for my metal or EDM. For vocals though, fantastic! I should try the Meze noir, I keep hearing good things about them.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #85 of 93
UPDATE EVERYONE:

I got my MSR7B cans today. They are perfect. I cannot even believe it. I'm at a loss for words. I've never heard anything like these. By the way, maybe it's the ultra-low tuned guitars and bass in a lot of death metal making me think this but -- how is it possible to consider these cans bass light? They sound perfect to me. For death metal, these are by far the best I have ever tried.

Jul 13, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #86 of 93
UPDATE EVERYONE:

I got my MSR7B cans today. They are perfect. I cannot even believe it. I'm at a loss for words. I've never heard anything like these. By the way, maybe it's the ultra-low tuned guitars and bass in a lot of death metal making me think this but -- how is it possible to consider these cans bass light? They sound perfect to me. For death metal, these are by far the best I have ever tried.
More neutral than light... Depends on who you ask, and what their preference is. Now you need a pair that has some thump and slam!

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #90 of 93
UPDATE EVERYONE:

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back