Good amp for Miles Davis Trumpet IEM's?
Nov 15, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LostMySelf

100+ Head-Fier
Sup guys, this is my first post here :)

I'm out for either a new MP3-player or a portable amp to my iPhone 4 with Miles Davis Trumpet IEM's. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, I had my eyes on the Pico Slim but later found the Fiio E7 which seems alot cheaper, tho a bit bulkier.

What do you guys think? I would also buy this cable to go with it.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/ibasso-cb07-high-purity-line-out-cable-for-ipod-iphone-white-prodid-2198.html

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Bump :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 7
From someone who uses a Portable amp almost daily I would think this really doesn't need an amp but if you really want that last 10% increase in SQ its worth trying a good quality portable amp like the Ibasso P4 or a nice RSA amp.

The E7 is not a great amp and frankly I doubt it will improve the quality at all. Its a decent DAC but as a headphone amp its pretty useless.

Better to use the Trumpets straight out of your portable player and get a $250 -$300 amp only if you want that last 5 - 10% SQ increase.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 7
good point. investing in full-sized amp and big headphones would worth the money, i think.

Quote:
From someone who uses a Portable amp almost daily I would think this really doesn't need an amp but if you really want that last 10% increase in SQ its worth trying a good quality portable amp like the Ibasso P4 or a nice RSA amp.

The E7 is not a great amp and frankly I doubt it will improve the quality at all. Its a decent DAC but as a headphone amp its pretty useless.

Better to use the Trumpets straight out of your portable player and get a $250 -$300 amp only if you want that last 5 - 10% SQ increase.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 7
I now know the Trumpets never would benefit from amping, but I was still an audio noob when I made this thread. And I no longer own the Trumpets :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back