Gonna save up for TripleFi10,will I notice a difference?
May 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mmamanx

New Head-Fier
So I notice a lot of you guys mention "AMPS" and stuff like that, I use the RE0 on my iphone 4 and they are great, now I dont know what an amp does (guessing it amplifies the sound?) so if I spend the $180 or so for the TripleFi 10, will I notice the difference without an amp? Do you think the TripleFi10 is worth it?

Thanks.

May 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 16
Amps do a lot of different things for different people and it all depends on the type of amps we are talking about. 

Generally they do:
1. more volume on harder-to-drive phones.
2. kinda goes together with the first one, but: more power to drive the phones. (brings out potential, better control, more energy, etc)
3. add some sort of coloration/EQing to the sound sig. (e.g. boost bass, add warmth, etc)
4. these are done with or without bypassing DAP's crappy internal amp. 

So for example, people who prefer RE0's detail but dislikes the analytical sound may use an amp to add a bit more bass and warmth to the sound. 

And yes TF10 and RE0 are completely different so you definitely will notice a difference, big difference. 

But please for goodness' sake get the TF10s when they go back on sale for ~$90 on amazon and save yourself $90.

May 30, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 16

Quote:
Amps do a lot of different things for different people and it all depends on the type of amps we are talking about. 

Generally they do:
1. more volume on harder-to-drive phones.
2. kinda goes together with the first one, but: more power to drive the phones. (brings out potential, better control, more energy, etc)
3. add some sort of coloration/EQing to the sound sig. (e.g. boost bass, add warmth, etc)
4. these are done with or without bypassing DAP's crappy internal amp. 

So for example, people who prefer RE0's detail but dislikes the analytical sound may use an amp to add a bit more bass and warmth to the sound. 

And yes TF10 and RE0 are completely different so you definitely will notice a difference, big difference. 

But please for goodness' sake get the TF10s when they go back on sale for ~$90 on amazon and save yourself $90.

I would love to get them for $90! I'd buy them in a heartbeat but when will that be? If ever? Also you say I will notice a BIG difference between RE0 and TF10, but in a good way? Or just different sounds?

May 30, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 16
Well the deal happened last Christmas and also the Christmas before. People stocked up on these back then... I mean, get it for $180 if you want. Just saying.

Um, different sounds... meaning YOU will have to be the judge on whether or not they are different in a "good way". Their approaches to music are fundamentally different. Use the search function for more info.
Quote:
I would love to get them for $90! I'd buy them in a heartbeat but when will that be? If ever? Also you say I will notice a BIG difference between RE0 and TF10, but in a good way? Or just different sounds?

May 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 16
I doubt there are any stores where you can try out IEMs. If there are any, it would be very rare. You could always buy a pair from Amazon and return them if you don't like them. That would be closest to "trying it out" you would find.

Quote:
Quote:
Triple fi 10 is a really efficient iems,to be honest i couldnt hear a difference using pa2v2 and from ipod out.

Thanks, I gonna try and see if I can test em somewhere, I live in NY, anyone know of a place where I can test em? Apple store perhaps?

May 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
I doubt there are any stores where you can try out IEMs. If there are any, it would be very rare. You could always buy a pair from Amazon and return them if you don't like them. That would be closest to "trying it out" you would find.

Actually the Apple Store here in NY has a ton of them, just dont know if they have the TFi10.

May 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 16
I noticed a difference between my Ipod (playing flac ) and Amped (ibasso D2)

Quote:
Triple fi 10 is a really efficient iems,to be honest i couldnt hear a difference using pa2v2 and from ipod out.

May 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 16
The one difference I noticed between using an amp and direct source is that the bass is a little more coherent at low volumes. It seems like the bass drivers dont like playing unless they're really asked to perform

As for the sound, they are my favorite IEM's in my collection. Bass has crazy impact, highs are incredibly revealing with great detail, and they can accomplish this without sounding shrilly or intolerable.
For the record, I find my MD's to be more sibilant than the triple.fi's; although I think I may just be more sensetive to mids than treble, which is why I happen to love my TF10's.

May 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 16
I've had the TF10's for almost 3 years now, and I use them with a penguin caffeine amp (it was like $80 CAD). I've noticed a difference with them, there is a little more bass and the isn't just there more but it's definitely better quality base. Also to me it crisps up the sound and overall does increase the sound quality

May 30, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 16
TF10 is definately worth it, it's my fav IEM.  I want to use the new Fiio E11 on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back