Sep 2, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #121 of 357
I don´t have the DT 48 I thought KeeS misstook me for you I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #124 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Phew.
bigsmile_face.gif

If using a headphone with a amp that didn't support it's low ohms, which would most likely happen....... Damaged headphone, or damaged amp?

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #125 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If using a headphone with a amp that didn't support it's low ohms, which would most likely happen....... Damaged headphone, or damaged amp?

Nothing really. In the worst case your amp gets very hot. If it is built very badly maybe some parts may start to melt. It is something like getting it very close to a shortcircuit, but not quite.
Your headphones should be in no danger. They just won't get the current they need to sound well.

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #126 of 357
Got my modded BC DAC2.. It corrects the flaws in the amp.. No more piercing highs at loud volumes, & brightness is still there, but not much of a factor. I actually like it.. Great synergy.. 1,000 well spent.. The BC2 also got my toes tapping with my DT48. No small feat there.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #127 of 357
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my modded BC DAC2.. It corrects the flaws in the amp.. No more piercing highs at loud volumes, & brightness is still there, but not much of a factor. I actually like it.. Great synergy.. 1,000 well spent.. The BC2 also got my toes tapping with my DT48. No small feat there.

Maybe the flaws did not find their origin in the amp...

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #129 of 357
I guess noone got shipping confirmation yet?

"Never have something so small delayed something so big" or what was it Neil Armstrong said
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #130 of 357
I just got confirmation that it´s finished and will be shipped tuesday latest for the first batch
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #131 of 357
I emailed Arn.. He's going to see if he can get my amp to 'play nice' with my 5ohm DT48.. He's going to ask someone near his business.. Don't remember the details.. Just sucks having a kiler amp that I can only use with 2 of my DT48's! That should be a crime somewhere...

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #132 of 357
Just want to let you know my HProV (Vertical version) arrives today. Mine should be one of the first batch shipped early this week and it arrives FAST ! ( from West Coast to Hong Kong).

Very well packed, and includes a thoughtful piece of micro-fiber cleaning cloth in a sealed bag. The package also contains an ordinary mini-RCA interconnect - for those who don't have one handy. It also comes with a 120V-12V a.c. PSU, and a step down voltage converter for use in Europe.

I don't think Arn need to provide the Y- splitter - as users of amp at this calibre should be able to afford better signal cables.

As I am in Hong Kong, the converter shipped with the amp has the wrong plug type for my location. Instead, I am using a Little Pinkie v3i audio 12V a.c. power supply hand made in UK. On first connection, it works well. The original power supply and converter stay in the box. I also ordered another "mass market" PSU which I will try later to see if there is good reason to use a better quality PSU.

I have less than 15 minutes on it (using my APS recabled Edition 8) so it would be too early to say anything about its sound. But I am already impressed by the build quality.

If there is anything to improve, I would suggest using anti-slip rubber feet. The existing ones do allow some easy sliding on my desk.

Kind regards,
F. Lo

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #134 of 357
Got mine too. Also with the euro schuko power adapter... Sadly it´s not designed to use with those deep sockets that is so common. I run around my big house with tons of sockets pretty much all are deep sockets. Which is a really a misstake because it´s so heavy so it´s impossible to have it on a connector from a wall without risking it will fall down and break whatever is underneith if you are not using these deep sockets with clamps that apart from earth it also secure it a bit better.

So I suppose I wasted 8 buck will have to go to town and find a more proper one if I find some that looks good. I did find one socket in my entire house where I could connect it so I got the green light at least
smily_headphones1.gif

I do have a 1500w transformator but I doubt that is the high fidelity version of powering up your amp. Maybe it´s indead better anyway. Suppose I couldn´t brake anything by underloading the transformator?

One thing I noticed is that the power adapter is only recommended for short use? It say shore use but I think it´s a spelling error?

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #135 of 357
Those portable step-down transformer is mostly NOT for continuous duty. The best way forward is to get one locally to suit your voltage. 12V AC output is not that difficult to find. I bought one from the RS-online store. Of course the Little Pinkie is supposed to be the better PSU.

Arn should offer a slight discount to those who do not need the 120V a.c. PSU - no only will than save some bucks, but the parcel will be cheaper to ship too
smily_headphones1.gif

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back