GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Mar 20, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #376 of 560
Glad to see guys fine-tuning these headphones. Because they do take tweaking with grace.
Speaking of tweakery.
New ear-pad samples arrived and I really like what I’m hearing.
Getting them to fit is a challenge thought. So I won’t be recommending any of those since guys already have trouble fitting alternative pads from Brainzwavz. And Brainwavz fit like butter in comparison.

Ill be posting easy pad swap mod for GL2Ks in my thread if anyone is interested. Not sure exactly when I will get to it......., but I might try to work on that over the weekend.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #377 of 560
Ok, so I decided to give the easy mod a try. Removed the 2 "loose” tuning papers, I kept the ones who where glued to the driver on both sides. I also didn’t mount the pad fastening part, since I use double sided glue on my Audeze micro suede vegan pads, and also to get the distance from driver to ear closer to original.

The vocals is much clearer now, but bass is a little bit "tamer”

Couldn’t get the vocals this clean with EQ, but will try to EQ the bass a little later tonight.

Question: is the removal of the glued tuning papers easy reversed? Might want to try different combinations, but I also really liked the stock sound of these cans, so would like to keep mods reversible.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #378 of 560
Ok, so I decided to give the easy mod a try. Removed the 2 "loose” tuning papers, I kept the ones who where glued to the driver on both sides. I also didn’t mount the pad fastening part, since I use double sided glue on my Audeze micro suede vegan pads, and also to get the distance from driver to ear closer to original.

The vocals is much clearer now, but bass is a little bit "tamer”

Couldn’t get the vocals this clean with EQ, but will try to EQ the bass a little later tonight.

Question: is the removal of the glued tuning papers easy reversed? Might want to try different combinations, but I also really liked the stock sound of these cans, so would like to keep mods reversible.
The glued tuning paper is easily reversible as long as you be very careful not to rip it when removing it, just take your time with it.

Mar 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #379 of 560
Might lose some adhesive properties after couple sequences of taking it off/putting it back on.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #380 of 560
Preview of prototype magnetic pad swap mod. I’ll post how to/step by step in my thread.
This makes pad swapping extremely easy and quick. Hope you like it.
https://youtube.com/shorts/sal017WaDWg

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #382 of 560
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #383 of 560
Wow really interested in that magnetic pad swap! Do you need a 3D printer to make those?

Also see you didn’t remove the plastic tuning paper on the front of the driver, any thoughts about removing it?

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #385 of 560
Wow really interested in that magnetic pad swap! Do you need a 3D printer to make those?

Also see you didn’t remove the plastic tuning paper on the front of the driver, any thoughts about removing it?
No need for 3D printer. Thin plastic, scissors, some tinny magnets is all you need. I didn't feel the need to remove that paper tuning.

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #387 of 560
Sorry. I started a thread a while back that covers various subjects, ventures, products.
Long, winded, off topic posts I rather post there.

Thread 'Looking for ( found )"end game" headphones in 2K ± price range.'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/looking-for-found-end-game-headphones-in-2k-±-price-range.941529/
Can we get it all copied into this thread? Those coming in will have a hard time searching this info. I had a hard time finding it to do the pad swap mod.

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #388 of 560
Can we get it all copied into this thread? Those coming in will have a hard time searching this info. I had a hard time finding it to do the pad swap mod.
No problem. I just didn’t want to swarm this thread with too much of my personal GL2K journey. I’ll try to put magnetic ear-pad mod how-to in more comprehensive format and then copy/paste all GL stuff into this thread.

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #389 of 560
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back