Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #61,816 of 62,440
"Three times of the battery capacity"?! That's mental!
They only give 2H it takes to charge them but not how long will they run for. Same on Shenzen and Twitter. Somebody asked how long they run for but there isn't a reply yet. I mean they look fairly large so they could fit decent batteries in there. They can't be that bad they don't want to give the spec?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #61,818 of 62,440
Who's gonna be a guinea pig?

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #61,819 of 62,440
I'd been curious lately to get my first wireless headset so I bought the Moondrop Space Travel, mainly because of their cheap price and overall neutrality, and I must say that not only do they sound very good for the price, but to my surprise I've been using them way more than my daily drivers (7h Timeless) during the past few days. I can definitely hear that they're not at all on the same technical level but the practical aspect just makes them fun and casual to listen to. It got me thinking if there is any coming back to wired headphones. Maybe time to get those fiio wireless adapters for the Timeless.

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #61,821 of 62,440
Senn has like a fetish for big tws cases. Very kinky

Apr 12, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #61,824 of 62,440
Have any of you had experience with Sennheiser support? My mtw3 have problems so I opened a ticket on Monday for warranty support. I was automatically assigned a case number and never heard back otherwise

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #61,825 of 62,440
Don't know how good it is but they dropped the junior price...
I have a long flight coming up, wanted TWS with ANC, LDAC compatible with my RS6 and hopefully high quality sound. After a bit of research and noting the price drop, went with these! The main difference from their pricier Svanar wireless brethren models seems to be lack of the Himalaya R2R DAC. Hoping the price: performance ratio is strong!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #61,826 of 62,440
Have any of you had experience with Sennheiser support? My mtw3 have problems so I opened a ticket on Monday for warranty support. I was automatically assigned a case number and never heard back otherwise
They'll take a week or more and then just tell you to send them in via opening a service repair ticket

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #61,827 of 62,440
I'll definitely try the moondrop wireless when its out. Currently my daily IEMs are all on wireless adapters (3 pairs). To me the very small lost of sound quality is triumph by usability. Though so far all those I tried or own has really lousy mics and real TWS beats any adapter I tried for conversation any day. But sound quality I’ll take a wireless adapter with a decent iem any day.

IMG_3022.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #61,828 of 62,440
I'll definitely try the moondrop wireless when its out. Currently my daily IEMs are all on wireless adapters (3 pairs). To me the very small lost of sound quality is triumph by usability. Though so far all those I tried or own has really lousy mics and real TWS beats any adapter I tried for conversation any day. But sound quality I’ll take a wireless adapter with a decent iem any day.

IMG_3022.jpeg
I splurged on the ifi go pods and I must say, they are sadly probably worth the money. I'll be returning the Shure. The Shure are underpowered IMHO. Not in an absolute volume sense but the Go Pods just do a better job replicating a wired experience. I am using the Hype 2 but @erockg has me convinced I need the Hype 4. I've used them on both my iPhone and my pixel over LDAC. The LDAC is better but the AAC is no slouch and both are more than acceptable. I don't take calls or anything with my IEMs in so I don't care a lot about voice calls or transparency mode. I do like the built in EQ on the Shure. So now I'm firmly entrenched in the rabbit hole. What's next? Hype 4? Blessing Dusk? As for comparison versus TWS, I do think for pure SQ, this setup is really no match for an integrated TWS with the Noble being the exception. They can hang. Everything else really can't

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #61,829 of 62,440
I have tinned stuff from 7hz zero2 to moondrop variation and even a audio64 u12t. I even tried subtonic storm but this is the only iem that didn’t work out as it needed so much power ifi gopod is only just loud enough even at max. I also cheap trn wireless to run high end iem and personally if I’m not doing critical listening, I probably can’t say if wired is better. The only issue for most is really the max volume loud enough and if they at least have a somewhat ok DAC.

Actually if you looking at hype 4 price point, it’s an insane price point there now. Blessing dusk/variation/7hz Aurora and many other brands I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back