Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 10, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #61,771 of 62,320
I'm starting a Go Fund Me for therapy:

Attachments

• IMG_8980.jpeg
    IMG_8980.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #61,772 of 62,320
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #61,773 of 62,320
All right, these sennies are pretty sweet. I think they should be judged as a sports bud and in that category they are awesome. The HRM sensor is rock solid. Immediately connected to my Zwift link on my pc. No fuss. Also my Garmin watch always takes about 5 minutes to catch up but these buds picked my HR up immediately. Sound is also much better than expected. I was worried these would be a boomy mess but sennheiser exercised some solid restraint keeping them somewhat neutral with an obvious bass boost. For sports buds, they are the best I’ve tried but I need to test the wind mode to be sure. No way to turn ANC off completely which often spells trouble on a bike. I think they are a little overpriced but not by much considering you are getting buds and a HR sensor wrapped in one. Only minor complaint is they hurt after a while with the medium wings
I agree about judging them as Sports buds—not just for the HR but also for their design, fit, and build and not worrying about them falling out of your ear at the gym. The sound quality is good. If we judge these in a sports bud category, I won't compare the sound quality to Svanar or the EX. I wanted to buy these as an impulse buy, but I would encourage others who may have the need to use them as their exercise monitor to make sure they will connect to the gear they will use.

I have not been able to make any phone calls to test the quality or the wind mode.

Not being able to turn off ANC is not good, when you need to be more aware of your surroundings. I haven't really played with transparency. In my use case, ANC is not an issue.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #61,774 of 62,320
Apr 11, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #61,775 of 62,320
Has anyone tried out sanwear by Sansound? They promise the best soundstage and instrument separation in a tws. Doubt that's true but if anyone has any experience?
No specs and the use of Beats by Dre like it is a good reference is a turnoff. Plus they remind me of big. Big like the Kenwood TWS big. One spec does say 10 meter range so it is not the 15m of recent BT versions. Sounds like it is all about their spatial audio. So a guy(or girl) has to think if they want to put their money on that being what they claim it to be. If you want to put that kind of money on that or the Noble. I'm willing to bet 99% here would go with the Triumph.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #61,776 of 62,320
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #61,777 of 62,320
This is 'slightly' off topic, but I'd love to know which music player app you use to listen to your tunes via TWS. Currently I'm using Musicolet but I've been through so many of them: Neutron, USB Audio Player Pro, PowerAmp, Gone Mad Music Player and many others. Just wondering. Thanks.

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #61,779 of 62,320
This is 'slightly' off topic, but I'd love to know which music player app you use to listen to your tunes via TWS. Currently I'm using Musicolet but I've been through so many of them: Neutron, USB Audio Player Pro, PowerAmp, Gone Mad Music Player and many others. Just wondering. Thanks.
I m using Deezer , I tried Qobuz and tidal I personally think Deezer is better in terms of sound quality and and smart features like finding you tracks that you are listening to (similar ) tidal beats them with videos and live performances which doesn’t make much sense when you are listening music on tws

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #61,780 of 62,320
I m using Deezer , I tried Qobuz and tidal I personally think Deezer is better in terms of sound quality and and smart features like finding you tracks that you are listening to (similar ) tidal beats them with videos and live performances which doesn’t make much sense when you are listening music on tws
Good to know. Thanks for your opinion. I stream Deezer on my home stereo receiver and am pretty happy with it. I suppose I should have mentioned I was more asking about playing local files on an actual app rather than using a streaming service.

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #61,781 of 62,320
UAPP - I use it on the go with wireless and wired (bit perfect mode \m/ )

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #61,784 of 62,320
I do not like the GUI or the way the library layout is for my albums no matter what I do.

I like PowerAmp and list my music by Folders not Albums so it is same order as in Windows Explorer, bit perfect is only missing feature but I listen to 99% CD Rips so locked to 16/44.1 Profile for now via above App.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #61,785 of 62,320
I agree about judging them as Sports buds—not just for the HR but also for their design, fit, and build and not worrying about them falling out of your ear at the gym. The sound quality is good. If we judge these in a sports bud category, I won't compare the sound quality to Svanar or the EX. I wanted to buy these as an impulse buy, but I would encourage others who may have the need to use them as their exercise monitor to make sure they will connect to the gear they will use.

I have not been able to make any phone calls to test the quality or the wind mode.

Not being able to turn off ANC is not good, when you need to be more aware of your surroundings. I haven't really played with transparency. In my use case, ANC is not an issue.
After a few days, it's confirmed I prefer the Sport over the MTW4. Love the fit. Sound is great. Nice sub-bass. One thing I'm disappointed in is the ability to pause music and have transparency come on. Too many steps/taps to do it with the Sport. It's doable, but the MTW4 does this better. Used the Sport on calls and zooms with zero issues and no one has said I sounded bad. ANC does a good job in the house for fans, hums etc. Another negative is depending on the tips you use, there is sound bleed. A coworker asked me if I was trying to go deaf. I mean, yes, but you know. I like to rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back