Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #61,756 of 62,381
Do you use a Garmin watch? Wish I could do that with my Samsung Watch (i.e. pass heart rate data from watch to head unit). Would be interested if the new Senn sports buds could connect to a Garmin 1030 Plus and be used as a heart rate monitor with my Garmin. Will need to look into this when I have some time (even though I just swore I was done with Sennheiser after my MTW3s started making popping noises again).
Yes I plan to use the senns to broadcast HRM to my Garmin head unit. That allows me to dump the watch. Since I use earbuds anyway one less item with me is an improvement.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #61,757 of 62,381
Yes I plan to use the senns to broadcast HRM to my Garmin head unit. That allows me to dump the watch. Since I use earbuds anyway one less item with me is an improvement.
Our crazy love, runs strong, and deep.

I’ve dumped my smart watches and only use a I guess, semi-smart watch with Tissot. Although, I looked at Garmin and will always have my eye on a Marq 2. I do use an Oura ring as well for years now. 🤷

The Sennies do not seem to connect to the Apple health app unless I’m guessing you register for a Polarr account which I’m not sure. I need another health app account.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #61,758 of 62,381

I’ve dumped my smart watches and only use a I guess, semi-smart watch with Tissot. Although, I looked at Garmin and will always have my eye on a Marq 2. I do use an Oura ring as well for years now. 🤷

The Sennies do not seem to connect to the Apple health app unless I’m guessing you register for a Polarr account which I’m not sure. I need another health app account.
Yep, ditched here too. I wear a "regular" watch now and sometimes my garmin for exercise. Sometimes not. Just depends on whether I care to see how old, fat and out of shape I am.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #61,759 of 62,381
Yep, ditched here too. I wear a "regular" watch now and sometimes my garmin for exercise. Sometimes not. Just depends on whether I care to see how old, fat and out of shape I am.
“Just depends on whether I care to see how old, fat and out of shape I am.”

Maybe, but you’re still loved, and that’s a good thing.. 👍😀

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #61,760 of 62,381
Very cool. Definitely agree with you there...much more comfortable to leave the watch at home and just use earbuds.

I also find myself wearing "regular watches" more these days unless I know I have meetings where we have cell phone bans. Find myself wearing my Samsung watch more at home now as an alarm so I don't wake everyone else up in the morning or on days that I work from home so I don't miss calls during the workday.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #61,761 of 62,381
If you have no use for the fitness features, then I'm not sure why you would buy these. The HR broadcasts over bluetooth so it can connect with other devices like your treadmill or Peleton bike. If you use a fitbit, then it's redundant unless you want a more accurate HR monitor as the story is an in ear HRM is more accurate. When I go on my bike, I have a cell phone, earbuds, a smart watch to broadcast HRM and a bike computer. These buds allow me to drop the smartwatch which means 1 less device to worry about so they do offer some value beyond just replacing my trusty Adidas buds.
The difference in HR between the TWS and watch is, on average, 2 beats different. One might buy them for the form factor, if they only had stem type TWS. Yes I could use them on a treadmill or Peloton. If those two use instances and the ability to drop the smartwatch are important, okay. Frankly, can't think of any instance when exercising I care about my body temperature, so realistically the fitness features you mentioned are about the HR. Glad I didn't buy them for metrics.

Similar type of form factor vs. the Jabra Elite 10, the Codec offering is a little better on the Sport than the Jabra. From what I remember the Sennies sound better and have that audiophile setting.

I did 4.5 miles today and went to the gym, they were comfortable and very light weight.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #61,762 of 62,381
A huge advantage of in ear HRM that people often overlook is specific to weight training. No matter what watch or arm bad HRM you have, constant flexing of tendons and muscle restrict blood flow in certain spots, therefore giving you inaccurate readings. The Senns are perfect for the gym. Doesn’t even matter what watch you have other than polar, you can use a garmin watch and chose the Senns as the HRM for your workout - take em out and go about your day with the wrist based measurements
Agreed, if that level of accuracy is important to your workout you can have it for 325.00.

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #61,763 of 62,381
I definitely think the case is better than the MTW4 imo. Not having any issues with it, but totally see who the silicone flap (instead of a hinge) could fail years to come. I do not like that it's a lint magnet. We'll see how that goes today. I haven't had any issues with the app, connections, or fit... yet. I don't own a Fitbit and a few months back got rid of my smart watch because I felt I was too connected! That said, I didn't really try these for the health features. I do miss the sound personalization that the MTW4 give, but seems Sennie is trying to do something similar in the sound check section of the app. Used them last night to watch a show on Netflix with my Viture glasses and they worked great. Even switched over to an audiobook and managed to side sleep with them. All in all, yes, a bit overpriced, but it seems most of the new TWS are these days. Blah. What they should've done is price them at 400, so my stupid self would obsess and try them anyway. What were you thinking, Sennheiser?!
I haven't had the MTW4 so I can't compare cases. Not sure what happened with the connection out do the gate but all good now. I also thought my right bud was DOA, but it woke up after some time. I really only use my watch for fitness, miles, times calorie burn etc..and shut off most notifications, for the very reason you mentioned, I don't want to be that connected.

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #61,765 of 62,381
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #61,767 of 62,381
Got the Bose QCii tips from Bose, for the Jabra Elite 10. Glad someone mentioned it, they are a perfect pair with these IEM's. The Jabra ones are too 'floppy' - these have a bit more thickness and shape to them, and are super super soft.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #61,768 of 62,381
The Eppfun AK3040 Pro Max seems to be legit in supporting Aptx Lossless. Compared a few songs with two sets. The MW09 and Melamania M100. Rog Phone 5 with the Eddfun transmitter and ROG Phone 8. Both sounded different as ROG 8 has Dirac Audio wizard player and the other doesn't. But both sound idential in detail coming out of Aptx Lossless. The Transmitter seems to automatically adjust Aptx adaptive to whatever song I was playing on tidal. On "High" quality it would use Aptx Lossless and on "Max" (Hi-Res) it would use Aptx Adaptive 24/48-96khz. What is 😎 with the transmitter is it allows you to cycle through different codecs by taping the physical button only if it has a TWS or headset connected. Doesn't seem to allow to switch codecs if on Aptx Adaptive Hi-Res.
Now let's get into the negatives. Have only tried Aptx Lossless capable TWS. These don't seem to pair to my MTW04 and Perl Pro. But to the two test TWS, Yes. Did try the Fokus Pro and connected. Pairing is a mess. Can take long to try and pair to a headset. The audio reception can drop to mute, meaning will have to disconnect and/or reset it. But when it works, it is pretty stable and no issues. Don't know if these support firmware updates. Forgive the smudged Rog 5 😄

Attachments

• P_20240410_175636.jpg
    P_20240410_175636.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • P_20240410_175453.jpg
    P_20240410_175453.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #61,769 of 62,381
IMG_2692.JPG

They are old but I had wanted to try them out. The Glidic TW-9000. They are closing them out at $60 on Amazon Japan. I bought a used one for $40. BT5.1, 11mm driver, button controls, ANC/Ambient, 12 hour battery life, Canalworks housings and up to aptX Adaptive. Bought it for use with my Cowon in the picture.

Supposed to have a real solid ambient which they do. Fit is so easy and stable. No issues with controls since they are button and the placement on top of the front protrusion makes for a very natural pinch in front of the ear and of course no chance of accidental presses. ANC is fine old school bass canceling type. Not trying for the best ANC so I am using TEI Clarion tips on them. A bit of the old safe up top and solid bass foundation type. The tips and EQ work well. The 11mm sounds nice and open and the bass hits low. Good detail and very enjoyable and also plenty of volume. They take EQ and sound better than I thought they would. They have a stronger connection than I thought as well. 3 walls till I get a drop with the BT3.0 Cowon. The Glidic make various quick sounds to signal functions instead of voice prompts.

Downsides are the case is not too large but it is aluminum so it is heftier. 83 grams with the buds and case. The case can fit tips like the Clarion and other decently long tips and it has Qi charging and it does feel plenty premium for a 9 series. Also the ANC is very average and alters the bass thickness when on but I don't plan on using it anyway. The things I want out of them the fit, ease of use, clean natural ambient and SQ they do those quite well. Discontinued now but the page for them... https://glidic-jp.translate.goog/tw-9000/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #61,770 of 62,381
The difference in HR between the TWS and watch is, on average, 2 beats different. One might buy them for the form factor, if they only had stem type TWS. Yes I could use them on a treadmill or Peloton. If those two use instances and the ability to drop the smartwatch are important, okay. Frankly, can't think of any instance when exercising I care about my body temperature, so realistically the fitness features you mentioned are about the HR. Glad I didn't buy them for m
Similar type of form factor vs. the Jabra Elite 10, the Codec offering is a little better on the Sport than the Jabra. From what I remember the Sennies sound better and have that audiophile setting.

I did 4.5 miles today and went to the gym, they were comfortable and very light weight.
All right, these sennies are pretty sweet. I think they should be judged as a sports bud and in that category they are awesome. The HRM sensor is rock solid. Immediately connected to my Zwift link on my pc. No fuss. Also my Garmin watch always takes about 5 minutes to catch up but these buds picked my HR up immediately. Sound is also much better than expected. I was worried these would be a boomy mess but sennheiser exercised some solid restraint keeping them somewhat neutral with an obvious bass boost. For sports buds, they are the best I’ve tried but I need to test the wind mode to be sure. No way to turn ANC off completely which often spells trouble on a bike. I think they are a little overpriced but not by much considering you are getting buds and a HR sensor wrapped in one. Only minor complaint is they hurt after a while with the medium wings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back