Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #61,741 of 62,443
I have a strange "problem" with my MTW4s.
A little difficult to explain, but I'll try. :)

When pausing music, with ANC on, after a couple of seconds I start to get some noise floor hiss in the right bud.
Not loud, but kind of strange feeling vs the left. Almost like I lose seal on the right, feel like a pressure difference vs the left.
Actually a little uncomfortable.

If I start the music again, it's ok, but pausing and the hiss is back just in the right bud after some seconds.

If I adjust the bud a little, it also stops "hissing", but again, after a couple of seconds it's back.

I played a YT vid with airplane cabin noise, and even when the hiss starts, I don't feel the ANC is affected.

Sound is also good, and I have as much bass on the right as the left. (The fit test in the app is also good)

Strange...

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #61,742 of 62,443
Double post, sorry.

(But I can use this double post to say I'm updating as we speak, and hope my strange problem in the last post is fixed with version 5.6.1 :fingers_crossed::pray:

EDIT: Aaand it's fixed! :) That's nice, thanks Sennheiser :)

Sorry for 3 unnecessary posts :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #61,744 of 62,443
My FiiO BTA30 PRO is now officially not needed as Windows can now do all the codecs bellow.

SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC (Codecs supported by FiiO BTA30 PRO in TX Mode in Bold as AAC is only available in RX Mode).

2024-04-10 (2).png

2024-04-10 (1).png

2024-04-10.png

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #61,745 of 62,443
Any impressions yet on the sennies?
Personally, this is what the MTW4 should have been. The form factor fits so much better and the case is thin. You do lose features, some of the sound personalization. But it's trippy to see what your body temp and heart rate is. Going to test them outdoors in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_8972.jpeg
    IMG_8972.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8973.jpeg
    IMG_8973.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8974.jpeg
    IMG_8974.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #61,746 of 62,443
Personally, this is what the MTW4 should have been. The form factor fits so much better and the case is thin. You do lose features, some of the sound personalization. But it's trippy to see what your body temp and heart rate is. Going to test them outdoors in the morning.
The case is thin, but still large and very flappy, flimsy. I can see the plastic strip holding the two parts together not withstanding much stress. I had a weird struggle connecting and getting into settings in the app; it kept telling me to connect to the phone setting, which I was already connected to and listening to music. The fit was moderately comfy once I had the proper technique and realized they sit sideways in the ear. The temp and heart rate are useless to me as I use Fitbit. The only way I can see the temp or heart rate reading is to look at the Sennheiser app, staring at the Sennheiser app as opposed to my Pixel Watch 2 kind of defeats the purpose. I also wonder if I had a fitness watch and the Polar app, wouldn't it already be reading my heart rate? Maybe drop 50.00 off the price and make a good sport bud. I am very lukewarm for the price. I will try when I go to workout this morning, but if you know the Momentum sound that's what this appears to be about in a sport bud.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #61,748 of 62,443
The case is thin, but still large and very flappy, flimsy. I can see the plastic strip holding the two parts together not withstanding much stress. I had a weird struggle connecting and getting into settings in the app; it kept telling me to connect to the phone setting, which I was already connected to and listening to music. The fit was moderately comfy once I had the proper technique and realized they sit sideways in the ear. The temp and heart rate are useless to me as I use Fitbit. The only way I can see the temp or heart rate reading is to look at the Sennheiser app, staring at the Sennheiser app as opposed to my Pixel Watch 2 kind of defeats the purpose. I also wonder if I had a fitness watch and the Polar app, wouldn't it already be reading my heart rate? Maybe drop 50.00 off the price and make a good sport bud. I am very lukewarm for the price. I will try when I go to workout this morning, but if you know the Momentum sound that's what this appears to be about in a sport bud.
I definitely think the case is better than the MTW4 imo. Not having any issues with it, but totally see who the silicone flap (instead of a hinge) could fail years to come. I do not like that it's a lint magnet. We'll see how that goes today. I haven't had any issues with the app, connections, or fit... yet. I don't own a Fitbit and a few months back got rid of my smart watch because I felt I was too connected! That said, I didn't really try these for the health features. I do miss the sound personalization that the MTW4 give, but seems Sennie is trying to do something similar in the sound check section of the app. Used them last night to watch a show on Netflix with my Viture glasses and they worked great. Even switched over to an audiobook and managed to side sleep with them. All in all, yes, a bit overpriced, but it seems most of the new TWS are these days. Blah. What they should've done is price them at 400, so my stupid self would obsess and try them anyway. What were you thinking, Sennheiser?!

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #61,749 of 62,443
I really like the Golden Ears, my ears have serious deficits at my age...

The 3D feature works but increases the volume alot. Once I lowered the volume I could still here a but of 3D functionality but it was less exciting than what it wanted to think I hearing...

Current EQ, but also like flat.

ANC sounded the best but is not very strong (less than the 10 Elite which is not super strong by design). Good news is the ANC is not bothered alot by wind outside and if you dial it down to medium almost nill, so great for walks and jogging in safe spaces.

Tips are just a bit to small on right ear using large. But no worse than several IEMs I own. But might see if I find a slightly larger oval shaped tip.

Like the sound of these more than any Soundcore I have owned.

Wish I could get LHDC to work on my Lenovo Tab 11 Pro GEN2 tablet, know Samsung Fold 4 will never support it... would love to see how they sound with that Codec...
I have the same issue with the right ear. I have rather large ear holes and the right one will not stay in and I can't get a good seal no matter what. The left one is slightly loose but no where as bad as my right side.

Really looking for good large tips that will also fit in the case when on the bud.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #61,750 of 62,443
If you have no use for the fitness features, then I'm not sure why you would buy these. The HR broadcasts over bluetooth so it can connect with other devices like your treadmill or Peleton bike. If you use a fitbit, then it's redundant unless you want a more accurate HR monitor as the story is an in ear HRM is more accurate. When I go on my bike, I have a cell phone, earbuds, a smart watch to broadcast HRM and a bike computer. These buds allow me to drop the smartwatch which means 1 less device to worry about so they do offer some value beyond just replacing my trusty Adidas buds.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #61,751 of 62,443
If you have no use for the fitness features, then I'm not sure why you would buy these. The HR broadcasts over bluetooth so it can connect with other devices like your treadmill or Peleton bike. If you use a fitbit, then it's redundant unless you want a more accurate HR monitor as the story is an in ear HRM is more accurate. When I go on my bike, I have a cell phone, earbuds, a smart watch to broadcast HRM and a bike computer. These buds allow me to drop the smartwatch which means 1 less device to worry about so they do offer some value beyond just replacing my trusty Adidas buds.
I don't have much use for the fitness feature, but I bought them for the form factor and I have to admit, after a 3 mile walk this morning, they were a joy to use. That said, I did glance at my heart rate and you're lucky I'm still here with you.

... Still hate the silicone and the lint that is all over them from being in my pocket. Annoying.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #61,752 of 62,443
I don't have much use for the fitness feature, but I bought them for the form factor and I have to admit, after a 3 mile walk this morning, they were a joy to use. That said, I did glance at my heart rate and you're lucky I'm still here with you.

... Still hate the silicone and the lint that is all over them from being in my pocket. Annoying.
I should have excluded you from the statement because we know the disease runs deep within you. How about "for most people, if you don't use the features".

Glad you are still here. I'd be lost without you.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #61,753 of 62,443
A huge advantage of in ear HRM that people often overlook is specific to weight training. No matter what watch or arm bad HRM you have, constant flexing of tendons and muscle restrict blood flow in certain spots, therefore giving you inaccurate readings. The Senns are perfect for the gym. Doesn’t even matter what watch you have other than polar, you can use a garmin watch and chose the Senns as the HRM for your workout - take em out and go about your day with the wrist based measurements

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #61,754 of 62,443
Do you use a Garmin watch? Wish I could do that with my Samsung Watch (i.e. pass heart rate data from watch to head unit). Would be interested if the new Senn sports buds could connect to a Garmin 1030 Plus and be used as a heart rate monitor with my Garmin. Will need to look into this when I have some time (even though I just swore I was done with Sennheiser after my MTW3s started making popping noises again).

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #61,755 of 62,443
It seems Sennheiser needs to fire and replace their entire TWS team which designs the cases :) They are all too big with other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back