Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #61,726 of 62,456
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #61,727 of 62,456
The only TWS that show Aptx Lossless on their app is the Perl Pro, MTW4 and Vivo TWS 3 Pro. The other way I get notified is through Bluetooth Codec Changer. It is not going to say Aptx Lossless. But usually when I connect a TWS that has it, it labels it as 24bit/44khz Aptx Adaptive
My DAP shows all the BT codecs available for the device connected. I can switch codecs from the DAP. It’s part of Android I think.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #61,728 of 62,456
I really like the Golden Ears, my ears have serious deficits at my age...

The 3D feature works but increases the volume alot. Once I lowered the volume I could still here a but of 3D functionality but it was less exciting than what it wanted to think I hearing...

Current EQ, but also like flat.
1000000752.jpg

ANC sounded the best but is not very strong (less than the 10 Elite which is not super strong by design). Good news is the ANC is not bothered alot by wind outside and if you dial it down to medium almost nill, so great for walks and jogging in safe spaces.

Tips are just a bit to small on right ear using large. But no worse than several IEMs I own. But might see if I find a slightly larger oval shaped tip.

Like the sound of these more than any Soundcore I have owned.

Wish I could get LHDC to work on my Lenovo Tab 11 Pro GEN2 tablet, know Samsung Fold 4 will never support it... would love to see how they sound with that Codec...
I worked on jet fighters in the military so my hearing has definitely shifted and golden ears compensates quite well! I’m so glad that it’s worked for you too!

Yeah the surround is interesting. It definitely works well. I use AirPod Pros 2 to sleep in and the Spatial Audio sounds very similarly. The overall noise level is strange, however.

I actually rarely use the ANC as the passive noise cancelling + music seems more than enough.

I have noticed the ear tips are strangely seemingly different sizes. I think my right ear is slightly different so the sound is more left oriented. I have some Comply foam ear tips coming in so hopefully it will bring the balance more center.

Did you notice how instruments kind of pop out? Almost like a 4 dimensional sound. It’s really interesting.

Let me know your long term experiences as well if you don’t mind!

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #61,730 of 62,456
Using the Oneplus Buds 3 on the C-Train and so far they are good with voices but higher pitched sounds of the train come through a bit more than I like. When music is playing I can still hear sounds around me which is not ideal but it's passable. I will do some AB testing on the way home tonight between them and Elite 10.

Downtown car and wind noise was very good once I got off the train. I think these do a great job with wind while using ANC. It's not perfect but way better than most.

Music wise I continue to enjoy how these sound. It's a very complete sound with good detail and straddles cold a warm signatures really well.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #61,731 of 62,456
Same here. Holding my breath, but gotta try.
I ordered, got cold feet and cancelled. They were slated for delivery 5-10pm

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #61,732 of 62,456
I ordered, got cold feet and cancelled. They were slated for delivery 5-10pm

That’s when mine are slated to arrive. Fingers crossed!

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #61,733 of 62,456
That’s when mine are slated to arrive. Fingers crossed!
You've gotta have a centennial comin' up soon right? Come celebrate the first 100. Live from LA! :smirk:

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #61,734 of 62,456
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #61,735 of 62,456
Senn MTW4 firmware update available, installing now.

Fixed reconnect issue with some Pixel phones
Transparency mode improved
Windows swift easy pairing enabled.
Further performance and stability improvements.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #61,740 of 62,456
Senn MTW4 firmware update available, installing now.

Fixed reconnect issue with some Pixel phones
Transparency mode improved
Windows swift easy pairing enabled.
Further performance and stability improvements.
I don't get any updates? What version did you get/are you on?
Firmware on mine is version 5.3.5.

Edit: After a loong time connected, the app started firmware update of version 5.6.1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back