Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #61,696 of 62,445
1000000751.jpg
Just arrived will give some early impressions later today.

EDIT: OK, so early impression is these are damn good compared to what I own for sound, and that's not factoring the low cost...

Going for a walk will give some updates afterwards...
I am so glad you are liking them so far!

What I would love to hear are your impressions of Golden Sound before and after, what your EQ settings are (if you use custom or not), and whether you find value in the surround sound or not?

I have a few various EQs I work with depending on how I want to hear music in certain situation (I.e. gym use, pure listening, gaming, etc.). I generally leave the bass boost +2 for all of my EQs as well because I believe it adds value.

Can’t wait to hear your other impressions!

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #61,697 of 62,445
Battery life is a bit low. But only $39...

Will maybe test these at some point just to see how they stack up against the flagship TWS from HiFiMan.
You can be 100% sure that any of these returned will be thrown away immediately. Definition of e-waste.😋

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #61,698 of 62,445
Yes and compared to m100 az80 I got both
The Jabra Elite are probably the most comfortable because they are so small and light so it doesn't feel like much touching your ear. I had the m100 very briefly but I did like the size and fit, probably about the same as the mtw4. The mtw series are quite comfy to me, but they are bigger than the Elite 10, so just because of that more surface area touches parts of your ear. The AZ80 are still comfortable to me, but being the largest they are at the bottom of this list as they are a step below the mtw4 and Elite 10 for my ears. You definitely know a bit more that they are in your ears than all the others.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #61,699 of 62,445
I am so glad you are liking them so far!

What I would love to hear are your impressions of Golden Sound before and after, what your EQ settings are (if you use custom or not), and whether you find value in the surround sound or not?

I have a few various EQs I work with depending on how I want to hear music in certain situation (I.e. gym use, pure listening, gaming, etc.). I generally leave the bass boost +2 for all of my EQs as well because I believe it adds value.

Can’t wait to hear your other impressions!
I really like the Golden Ears, my ears have serious deficits at my age...

The 3D feature works but increases the volume alot. Once I lowered the volume I could still here a but of 3D functionality but it was less exciting than what it wanted to think I hearing...

Current EQ, but also like flat.
1000000752.jpg

ANC sounded the best but is not very strong (less than the 10 Elite which is not super strong by design). Good news is the ANC is not bothered alot by wind outside and if you dial it down to medium almost nill, so great for walks and jogging in safe spaces.

Tips are just a bit to small on right ear using large. But no worse than several IEMs I own. But might see if I find a slightly larger oval shaped tip.

Like the sound of these more than any Soundcore I have owned.

Wish I could get LHDC to work on my Lenovo Tab 11 Pro GEN2 tablet, know Samsung Fold 4 will never support it... would love to see how they sound with that Codec...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #61,700 of 62,445
I really like the Golden Ears, my ears have serious deficits at my age...

The 3D feature works but increases the volume alot. Once I lowered the volume I could still here a but of 3D functionality but it was less exciting than what it wanted to think I hearing...

Current EQ, but also like flat.
1000000752.jpg

ANC sounded the best but is not very strong (less than the 10 Elite which is not super strong by design). Good news is the ANC is not bothered alot by wind outside and if you dial it down to medium almost nill, so great for walks and jogging in safe spaces.

Tips are just a bit to small on right ear using large. But no worse than several IEMs I own. But might see if I find a slightly larger oval shaped tip.

Like the sound of these more than any Soundcore I have owned.

Wish I could get LHDC to work on my Lenovo Tab 11 Pro GEN2 tablet, know Samsung Fold 4 will never support it... would love to see how they sound with that Codec...
I have the LHDC one from savytech, and they sound great with. Downside, you loose the controls (volume, next song etc...)

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #61,702 of 62,445
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #61,703 of 62,445
Apr 8, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #61,705 of 62,445
That does not looks like it is Lossless it does not even have Adaptive 24/96 and I believe Lossless sits above that so need to support it first.

You need to watch those cheapo bands, they state Lossless in one part and not in other but the QCC3040 is a BT 5.2 24/48 Chipset not sure why it says BT 5.4 unless their info is all messed up.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #61,706 of 62,445
That is not Lossless it does not even have Adaptive 24/96 and I believe Lossless sits above that so need to support it first.

You need to watch those cheapo bands, they state Lossless in one part and not in other but the QCC 3040 is a only 24/48 Chipset.
I'll be a guinea pig and let you know how it goes. It doesn't say what Chipset it is using unless you are confusing it with the model, AK3040. It does say Qualcomm S3 Platform

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #61,707 of 62,445
These Oneplus Buds 3 are solid. They even have in ear detection for that $100CAD I paid.

As much as I would love to hear their LHDC, even using just AAC they sound very clear with decent detail. They comfortably rival my MTW3 and Elite 10 for sound quality. ANC is a small step behind the Elite 10 though, but still decent enough for me. Will have a better picture after using them in the gym tonight.

Generally not a fan of stems but these might change my mind.

Took a call when I went for a walk and my wife could not here the slight wind or cars that went by. Not a serious test though, tomorrow will be the litmus test when I go downtown to the office via transit and walk around in the downtown core.

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #61,708 of 62,445
I'll be a guinea pig and let you know how it goes. It doesn't say what Chipset it is using unless you are confusing it with the model, AK3040. It does say Qualcomm S3 Platform
I have to assume they are getting the name from the Chipset so the QCC3040 (same as many of SOUNDPEATS aptX Adaptive earbuds from 2+ years ago ) and there is no PRO version so it has to be a BT 5.2 aptX Adaptive 24/48 Chipset but again their info could be a mess and it may indeed be a newer chipset with all those features.

EDIT: BT-W4 is the newer QCC3056 (I forgot).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back