Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 7, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #61,681 of 62,387
Somewhere in a hotel at Canjam the Wizard smiles. Sigh...

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #61,683 of 62,387
Aviot TE-ZX1 arrived today.
I seem to have won the fit lottery, even though they are extremely big they stay very comfortably in my ears.

I can see why some users commented about harsh treble but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I am already getting used to that part, probably helped by the fact that the rest of the sound is amazing for a TWS.

The only other complaint is that I dislike it that they disconnect from my phone when they are put in the case, I like it when TWS behave like my galaxy buds2 pro that stay connected while in the case if the case is open, it allows them to charge and gives them a place you can put them safely if you are not wearing them without losing connection to the phone/computer.

Overall they are quickly becoming my favorite pair of TWS, I will probably pause new TWS purchases for a bit unless something impressive is released.

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #61,685 of 62,387
Had a few glitches with the M100's but still early days and not posted my findings here yet for the JLab Epic Lab Edition (told someone I would as he has been asking), as I only returned them on Sunday.

Got some AZLA Foamax today (2x L=14mm) they fit me better than any other foam tips as as they are larger where it matters (not measured at end that does not go in your canal).

No others brands even worked for me and I could gently lift them out my ears with my fingertips, I did not even need to pull them out but again it is early days so time will tell but it is hard to beat their Xelastec/Crystal Standard/Crystal TWS for good passive isolation.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #61,686 of 62,387
Aviot TE-ZX1 arrived today.
I seem to have won the fit lottery, even though they are extremely big they stay very comfortably in my ears.

I can see why some users commented about harsh treble but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I am already getting used to that part, probably helped by the fact that the rest of the sound is amazing for a TWS.

The only other complaint is that I dislike it that they disconnect from my phone when they are put in the case, I like it when TWS behave like my galaxy buds2 pro that stay connected while in the case if the case is open, it allows them to charge and gives them a place you can put them safely if you are not wearing them without losing connection to the phone/computer.

Overall they are quickly becoming my favorite pair of TWS, I will probably pause new TWS purchases for a bit unless something impressive is released.

Mine connect to my phone immediately when I take them out of the case, zero user input required. But I guess it could work differently with different Bluetooth versions.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #61,688 of 62,387
Mine connect to my phone immediately when I take them out of the case, zero user input required. But I guess it could work differently with different Bluetooth versions.
More TWS connect when removed but some connect based on the lid opening. They mean they can put in the case, leave the lid open, and they charge w/o disconnecting. They might be using other devices and staying connected means not having to choose the device again since it wasn't the last device used but stayed connected the whole time.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #61,689 of 62,387
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #61,690 of 62,387
I might be...if I could add something to them, it would be more Codecs, but at $39, if I read that right who can ask for more.
Might be wrong but I'd still put my money on the Rose Ceramics/Faaeal Sea Snail over these.

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #61,692 of 62,387
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #61,694 of 62,387
1000000751.jpg

Just arrived will give some early impressions later today.

EDIT: OK, so early impression is these are damn good compared to what I own for sound, and that's not factoring the low cost...

Going for a walk will give some updates afterwards...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back