Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #61,651 of 62,389
@Andrew DiMarcangelo any chance you can offer any info regarding the above? Thanks.

Sorry, just seeing this now. In Singapore. Spoke to Jim yesterday and the latest update is "about 2 weeks."

Trust me, Triumph is worth the wait.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #61,652 of 62,389
Really liking the Noble Audios XM1s! Quite comfortable, excellent balanced sound, with quite a wide stage for a pair of IEMs. Above all it's so convenient that there's no need for any other equipment besides a device with USB audio. Works great with my PC as well with my phone :)

I've really missed the refined sound of a wired IEM, of all the True Wireless buds I've tried the Final Audio ZE8000 MK II has come closest. Sadly it has such a crappy battery life that I get battery anxiety...I just hope Final releases a another generation which has sorted the biggest gripes like the battery life, lack of QI-charging etc. For now the XM1 will be my main audio source.

My biggest worry with the XM1s is the cable, since most phones have the USB output located at the very bottom, which will but some strain at the cable whenever I use with my phone whilst relaxing in my bed/couch. I do wonder why they're not listed on the Noble website tho!

I'll sadly have to return the CA M100s, despite the comfort and sound quality the connection/disconnection issues is just a deal-breaker for me.

20240406_221426[3401].JPG
Kind of miss mine but I’m intrigued by the potential for the triumph to sound nearly the same without the wire.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #61,653 of 62,389
Someone here posted that the bose qc ii eartips fit the oneplus buds 3. Those tips also fit the oppo enco w51. I'm wondering what other tws fit these tips? And yes, I'm semi-implying I would by a tws just to use these bose tips. Haha. What an odd bunch we are....

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #61,656 of 62,389
Sorry, just seeing this now. In Singapore. Spoke to Jim yesterday and the latest update is "about 2 weeks."

Trust me, Triumph is worth the wait.
Perhaps.

When I was able to finally convince my set to work (AAC because no other codcs worked, preorder unit... qc issues) it was sounding nice but nothing special compared to previous Fokus earbuds. On most tracks the treble (lower) was too harsh/hot, upper bass was lacking sounding 'hollow'.. all reminded me of kiwi's quintets - might be a good or a bad for you. The case finish is nice but will deteriorate quickly, gather dust and dirt and you have 50/50 chance the earbuds power connectors won't match the case = uncharged ear pieces.

Overall it's good but it isn't that good

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #61,657 of 62,389
Perhaps.

When I was able to finally convince my set to work (AAC because no other codcs worked, preorder unit... qc issues) it was sounding nice but nothing special compared to previous Fokus earbuds. On most tracks the treble (lower) was too harsh/hot, upper bass was lacking sounding 'hollow'.. all reminded me of kiwi's quintets - might be a good or a bad for you. The case finish is nice but will deteriorate quickly, gather dust and dirt and you have 50/50 chance the earbuds power connectors won't match the case = uncharged ear pieces.

Overall it's good but it isn't that good
Way to throw cold water on us.

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #61,658 of 62,389
Way to throw cold water on us.
I wouldn't be that quick to jump into pessimism. There was definitely a codec issue in the initial batch which had a large impact on sound. Presumably this wil be patched in the new batch, so I would honestly wait for impressions when this batch is launched.

Just to put that into context, using it with an iPhone and even a DAP - I had a similar first impression, a bit too sharp on the treble and a wierd signature in general:
Not sure if it's the stock tips that are behind it or it needs to be connected to a PC/ Desktop to update, as did a bit of tip rolling and source changing at the same time (between N7, iphone & PC) - was a bit sibilant at the start - too sharp/ artificial, not much bass to speak of and a wierd signature in general that threw me off.

Finally settled with the xelastec (standard, don't have the tws ones yet) and connected to PC. Not sure which part it was, but did get to a result where I am satisfied - though from the initial impression, was this close to returning them.

They are really good when working as intended, it's just the intended part.
I assume the change from sources is as there's different codecs. Not sure if anyone else has tried changing sources/ codecs/ tips just yet.

It wasn't until I connected to my PC that it clicked (which I believe uses a different codec) and I changed the original tips (wasn't sure at the time which component was responsible for the change due to my limited time with them, until later posts that mentioned issues with codec - which makes more sense given the significant change in sound). Just quoting the same I posted previously, when I got it working - it was a solid performer. Wouldn't put it out of the competition just yet:
Personally, I would rate it quite highly just for SQ alone - it is quite fun/ engaging, the clarity is higher than I expected - although wouldn't be as good at seperation as an iem (but that's maybe an unfair comparision). The slow decay on the DD, with the more speedy flavour of the xmems complement each other well, it's a different flavour. Hopefully others will be getting their sets soon and can share their thoughts.

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #61,659 of 62,389
I wouldn't be that quick to jump into pessimism. There was definitely a codec issue in the initial batch which had a large impact on sound. Presumably this wil be patched in the new batch, so I would honestly wait for impressions when this batch is launched.

Just to put that into context, using it with an iPhone and even a DAP - I had a similar first impression, a bit too sharp on the treble and a wierd signature in general:

It wasn't until I connected to my PC that it clicked (which I believe uses a different codec) and I changed the original tips (wasn't sure at the time which component was responsible for the change due to my limited time with them, until later posts that mentioned issues with codec - which makes more sense given the significant change in sound). Just quoting the same I posted previously, when I got it working - it was a solid performer. Wouldn't put it out of the competition just yet:
Thanks for the additional impressions but even yours seem somewhat tepid. I really liked the XM1 so I’ll go back to those if need be.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #61,660 of 62,389
Someone here posted that the bose qc ii eartips fit the oneplus buds 3. Those tips also fit the oppo enco w51. I'm wondering what other tws fit these tips? And yes, I'm semi-implying I would by a tws just to use these bose tips. Haha. What an odd bunch we are....
Jabra Elite 10s. They are an improvement over the standard tips too.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #61,662 of 62,389
Really liking the Noble Audios XM1s! Quite comfortable, excellent balanced sound, with quite a wide stage for a pair of IEMs. Above all it's so convenient that there's no need for any other equipment besides a device with USB audio. Works great with my PC as well with my phone :)

I've really missed the refined sound of a wired IEM, of all the True Wireless buds I've tried the Final Audio ZE8000 MK II has come closest. Sadly it has such a crappy battery life that I get battery anxiety...I just hope Final releases a another generation which has sorted the biggest gripes like the battery life, lack of QI-charging etc. For now the XM1 will be my main audio source.

My biggest worry with the XM1s is the cable, since most phones have the USB output located at the very bottom, which will but some strain at the cable whenever I use with my phone whilst relaxing in my bed/couch. I do wonder why they're not listed on the Noble website tho!

I'll sadly have to return the CA M100s, despite the comfort and sound quality the connection/disconnection issues is just a deal-breaker for me.

20240406_221426[3401].JPG
I use something like this with my USB dongles attached to a phone.... means the cable goes back up the back of the phone
Makes things much safer.
1712493380699.png
1712493461055.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back