Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #61,621 of 62,809
Yah they do more right than any other TWS I have owned to date. I made a call from the downtown core of Calgary during rush hour with wind and my son said he couldn't hear the cars or wind and I could hear him really well too.

I initially did not think the stock tips felt secure but forced myself to use them. Now I no longer worry about them feeling loose and normal tips feel obtrusive. The fact is they are actually as secure as most TWS, they just don't feel that way... Especially when your used to snugger tips.
That insecure but still secure feeling is one I have with their older models too. Takes getting used to.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #61,622 of 62,809
Out of the box there is a firmware update for m100

Attachments

• IMG_8131.png
    IMG_8131.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #61,623 of 62,809
Returned the m100 yesterday, sold the AZ80. Sticking with the mtw4 and elite 10. Pretty content.

Back to focusing on wired gear.

Y'all should keep your eyes out for the Elysian Pilgrim coming out next month. 399

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #61,625 of 62,809
I have owned most of those and still use the Elite 10 as my current daily TWS.

If I buy bought... I will let you know what I think.
As a side note I didn’t mention before, I actually almost kept the Elite 10s out of the upper priced TWS I’ve tried. They hit all the marks for my use cases. I just wanted something stem styled, as I’ve learned through my trials.

Granted, the Aviot ZX1 are so good I don’t care about stems or styling, but I still use my Buds 3 for anything physical.

They really do have an interesting sound! Thanks for letting me know you grabbed them! I’m excited to hear what you think!

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #61,626 of 62,809
How good is the sound on elite 10? And comfort level which one is more comfortable? I m having issues comfort wise
comfort level between the elite 10 and mtw4?

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #61,629 of 62,809
I've now used the Aviot TE-ZX1 in real world instead of at home (work), unfortunately the ANC is completely useless and even hurts a little, the transparency mode is also very bad. They do sound pretty good, if you don't count the sharp highs. The EQ in the Sound Me app isn't working for me for some reason, nothing happens when I adjust the settings.

Overall... eh, if you're not into Cowboy Bebop then you could probably get by with any other TWS. The differences don't seem to be huge between different brands, there's only so much you can do with such tiny devices. I don't really find the Aviot to be any better than the Sennheiser MTW3 I had before, I just hope these have better quality control.

[edit] About comfort: At first they didn't seem that big, but after wearing them for an hour my ears are a bit sore, this doesn't happen with the Blessing 2: Dusk and Bluetooth cable, if you find the B2D to be uncomfortable you'll probably hate these. I don't have any other in-ears to compare to.

[edit2] I'm getting some serious ear fatigue, I'm honestly not enjoying these at all anymore. I don't understand why they have to sound so sharp. It's hard to focus on the music when it feels like silver dust is being blown at my ear drums. I even took the highs down a bit with Foobar2000's own EQ. Good reminder to never impulse buy anything.
Crazy how different everyone hears and feels things. I'm probably not going to put mine back in my ears again. After testing them for couple of hours it was actually painful to take them out lol. I put my over-ear PX8 on and it was like everything was alright in the world again. The ZX1 will be my last TWS, there's simply nothing they do better than over-ears.
At first I thought what you were describing was your earbuds being broken, but I would be willing to bet that you just get a TERRIBLE fit with them.

Because not only is ANC 100% respectable if not best-in-class (but better than just "good"), sound is for me completely without any sort of sibilance or harsh treble (and I'm somewhat treble sensitive), and not to mention probably the best sound of any of the earbuds I own. They also don't hurt my ears in any way, and I've had many a earbuds that have... Let's say "molested" my ear canals until the point of chafing me until I was bleeding. So yeah, sucks but they don't seem compatible with your ear shape based on what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #61,630 of 62,809
At first I thought what you were describing was your earbuds being broken, but I would be willing to bet that you just get a TERRIBLE fit with them.

Because not only is ANC 100% respectable if not best-in-class (but better than just "good"), sound is for me completely without any sort of sibilance or harsh treble (and I'm somewhat treble sensitive), and not to mention probably the best sound of any of the earbuds I own. They also don't hurt my ears in any way, and I've had many a earbuds that have... Let's say "molested" my ear canals until the point of chafing me until I was bleeding. So yeah, sucks but they don't seem compatible with your ear shape based on what I'm hearing.
I also figured fit must be the problem, but then I've noticed the performance of mine is not as sensitive to being slightly dislodged as others are. But the inner shape of the ZX1 may not fit everyone well.

ANC is the best in class for me. I don't have latest Sony or Bose, but it beats for me: XM3, az60, Freebuds Pro2, Gemini 1, Soundcore 4NC and Jabra Elite 10 among others. It seems to me the Aviot ANC is the most "adaptive" of any I have experienced, in a way that really works.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #61,631 of 62,809
Got the Cambridge Audio M100s in the mail today.

Just put them in my lugholes and my first impressions are - very nice, balanced, musical. Maybe not so technically impressive but they definitely reproduce music in a nice way, some depth to it too.
Very comfortable too.

But in comparison to the Aviots... Like I can't even. Definitely like going back to 1080p or 720p after getting used to 4K.

Apr 5, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #61,632 of 62,809
From this virtual listening (from 12:51) it feels like the ZX1 PNK has less slam than the Z1 PNK, but much more filled mids, probably from the 3x BA. Interestingly vocals sounds more veiled than Z1 PNK.

What was also curious was the Perl Pro which seems to extend deeper even than the Z1 PNK. The vocals on the Perl Pro however feels more airy in a fake way compared to ZX1 PNK which feels more natural?

Would you say the above 2 is accurate from your experience?

Oh man I think you hit the nail on the head about the Perl Pros! While they do sound great, it does feel kind of fake!

Now listening to the samples, I think the ZX1 had much more pronounced mids, which for my own sound tastes I don’t enjoy quite as much. But saying that, I do agree that the vocals are more pronounced on the ZX1.

As a caveat to the comparison, I didn’t think the AZ80 or Perl Pros sounded correct, which I’ve had extensive time with. But for our purposes, which sound did you prefer?

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #61,633 of 62,809

Just put them in my lugholes and my first impressions are - very nice, balanced, musical. Maybe not so technically impressive but they definitely reproduce music in a nice way, some depth to it too.
Very comfortable too.

But in comparison to the Aviots... Like I can't even. Definitely like going back to 1080p or 720p after getting used to 4K.
I got m100 also yesterday battery life is amazing sounds pretty good but little too flat maybe I need to play with eq , Aviots I dint have one really insyetestdd after hearing all comments battery on m100 best I ever seen how’s the battery life on aviots ? I need good battery life I run whole day with yes at work

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #61,634 of 62,809
Got my MTW4s today. I like the copper finish. (wanted something new/different)
Put on the same Flexifit foam tips I used with my MTW3s. They are perfect for me.

Connected to my Mac Mini M2 Pro and Creative BT-W5. Playing using Apple Music lossless and as you see in the app; aptX adaptive. 24bit/96khz.
I think they sound VERY good with some Personalization Sound tuning. (needed just a little extra crispness)
Noticably better with BT-W5 vs AAC from my iPhone 15 Pro Max, but AAC sounds more than good enough as well.

After 15 mins of testing, I packed down my Aurvana Ace 2, and put out the ad for sale...

For now I've just tested sound, fit/comfort, BT range and one phone call. If anyone is interested, I can update after several calls and when I've tested ANC/transparency mode/Anti wind mode.

Attachments

• Copper.jpeg
    Copper.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4692.PNG
    IMG_4692.PNG
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #61,635 of 62,809

Very comfortable too.

Oh man that last line is how I have felt about them compared to others as well! Well written!

Because I’m curious, what songs do you usually use to test headphones?

While I don’t particularly like Pop music, Gold by Kiiara has a really interesting mix with so many intricacies that I have found some headphones to properly replicate. Same with Passionflower by Jon Gomm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back